MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thinking of changing to a JCW depending on what my current S is worth

its a S chilli with hi fi and MFSW in LB April 2007 done 11k miles very well cared for

and i have added aerokit and JCW carbon fibre bits or am i better taking these off ??

Parkers reckons £14900 a bit high me thinks

but is 14k achievable ????

thinking of going onto MINI select for JCW

·
24hr
248 Posts
I'd take all the extra's off mate. They won't give you any more for them when you trade it in, and you can get some of your money back on here and on ebay etc.
I think 14k is achievable but it's all a bit up in the air at the moment with the credit crunch, it's a buyers market !

·
Rocking the F57
17,719 Posts
You will get a pretty good deal going onto Select - although take off all the carbon bits - you can always fit these to your new MINI :)

On select, I believe the max deposit is 30%, so taking £21k as a guideline new car cost, if you trade in your S and get £14k for it, they can use £6300 as the deposit, and give you the remainder of your trade in cashback. That is of course providing there is no outstanding finance in place.

:)

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
excellent i actually owe about 8500 on a personal loan but its not tied to the car so was thinking of using 4500 for dep and 8500 cashback to pay loan off

may have to leave bits on has i don't have the old white mirror caps and blue scoop and tailgate handle

going woodmans on thurs i think

·
Registered
236 Posts
In the long run, MINI Select is an extremely expensive finance option. Really, if anybody has to go down the MINI Select route, they should ask themselves if they can really afford the car at all!

·
Registered
691 Posts
£14k sounds low... you'd get more if you private sell rather than trade. Trade it and you'll get little if anything for the extras... :(

local dealer wants £18k for some 07 plate minis...I would have thought that should mean a private sale of £16k+

look up Network Q and there is a avlue my car section...gets thd glass's guide price.

...though that fails to show any differential for having the Chilli pack

.....and so much for mini's holding their value...mine was close on £22k in June 07...and if I only got £14k I would end up crying after 1 year....

·
You've just been totalled
6,860 Posts
At my local dealer yesterday, they had £27k worth of new JCW - On MINI Select with a £5k or so deposit, it was £459 per month for 36 months, and then £14k final payment :eek: In the end, it works out at over £35k - OK you may not spec your car to £27k, the rate was ridiculously high - About 14.9% :eek: Hope other dealers have a better rate than that!!

Best of luck with what you choose :D:D

·
A Total Mini Convert
923 Posts
I would take the Glass's guide with a pinch of salt at the moment. Just traded in my Rav4 to get a Clubman, and the trade in price was well short of Glass's, and I shopped around a lot!
Remember Glass's is a *GUIDE* and not necessarily what you actually get.
Its a strange market at the moment

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
At my local dealer yesterday, they had £27k worth of new JCW - On MINI Select with a £5k or so deposit, it was £459 per month for 36 months, and then £14k final payment :eek: In the end, it works out at over £35k - OK you may not spec your car to £27k, the rate was ridiculously high - About 14.9% :eek: Hope other dealers have a better rate than that!!

Best of luck with what you choose :D:D

ouch thats nasty my spec will be around 23k
how many miles a year was that select on ??

·
You've just been totalled
6,860 Posts
ouch thats nasty my spec will be around 23k
how many miles a year was that select on ??
Much better value like that ;) I spec'd a good one at £22920 or something like that - Mind you before all the JCW bits I'd fit :eek::p

I believe it was just the 10k :eek::eek:

·
Mini Design Philosopher
1,028 Posts
In the long run, MINI Select is an extremely expensive finance option. Really, if anybody has to go down the MINI Select route, they should ask themselves if they can really afford the car at all!
You could argue that with any finance package. You do end up paying more, and if you couldn't afford the total cost in the first place you shouldn't be buying the product.

But in the real world many people don't have £20k to spend on a car. Provided that you negotiate hard, you should be able to secure a good deal. 14.9% is just stupidly high. I've seen much much lower rates on the MINI Select scheme.

I financed my first MINI, and over three years the total cost to me (financial payments including interest) worked out at just over £1000 per 10,000 miles of motoring. Given the TLC package this made the car quite cheap to run.

·
CHEQUE IT OUT
195 Posts
do not listen to parkers, the motortrade hate parker...........dont know were they get there prices from.
the industry standard is glasses guide which the dealer will probably use

glasses guide price miles adjusted is

£13475 for trade
£14875 for retail.

they will most likely offer you glasses trade but you could get a little more against a new one

hope this helps

·
Registered
851 Posts
Did you consider the JCW tuning kit or after market mods maybe?

The tuning kit for just over £1k is surely a better option than the cost to change to the factory JCW.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Did you consider the JCW tuning kit or after market mods maybe?

The tuning kit for just over £1k is surely a better option than the cost to change to the factory JCW.

i did my LB now looks like a JCW sans alloys and badges
tuning is only 192bhp

is just not the same as the full on factory JCW at the end of the day

·
it's not easy bein' green
126 Posts
do not listen to parkers, the motortrade hate parker...........dont know were they get there prices from.
the industry standard is glasses guide which the dealer will probably use

glasses guide price miles adjusted is

£13475 for trade
£14875 for retail.

they will most likely offer you glasses trade but you could get a little more against a new one

hope this helps

I'd have to disagree, Parkers' bottom price (not "Good" or "Retail", but the lowest value they quote) tends to be far closer to what decent,average-miles stuff does through the auction than Glass' (not Glasses ;)) Guide.

The last few MCs (not MCS) I've seen through the auctions (granted they've all been first gen) have done on average £1500 BEHIND (below) the Glass' Guide price, which, funnily enough, is roughly where Parkers' prices them :) I wouldn't imagine the newer models will be fairing much better, as everything is dropping in value right now.

For example, I nearly bought a 2004 Jag Diesel Estate last month as it sounded cheap, but I'm glad I didn't as it has dropped well over £1500 in auction value in the last 4 weeks and what would have bought you a high mileage 2004 will now buy a low miles 2005 model!

You might be lucky, you might get a deal - assuming that is you can find a dealer who just can't find a buyer for that brand new JCW they have cluttering up the place :rolleyes:

·
Registered
851 Posts
tuning is only 192bhp

is just not the same as the full on factory JCW at the end of the day
Sure its 192 but the torque is almost the same, only around 10lb ft lower from memory. If you haven't driven one give it a try it's more than the sum of it's parts. Plus with a high flow cat added later you'd be pretty near the factory JCWs power. Plus you'd save around £7-8k....

·
Registered
691 Posts
I think you could add a full miltek exhaust, high flow cat..and re-map and have more power than the factory one....bet it would also sound better.....

...and save a serious bucket load of ££

Doubt the brakes will be much benefit unless you plan to track it lots..

1 - 20 of 26 Posts