MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have stories to tell about a MINI dealer's reaction to finding aftermarket performance parts on your car? I know that the warranty has strict words about performance modifications, but in actual practice are dealers in Canada willing to turn a blind eye to some modifications? :confused:

You know what I'm thinking - I want to get a little more power :) , maybe a pulley or exhaust, and I want to know what kind of hassles I could be getting myself into at the dealership trying to get something fixed in the future.

I can see why MINI wants to do as little warranty work as possible, but on the other hand they don't want to be jerks :bad: about using any excuse to deny a claim. So what has your experience been (specifically with MINI dealerships here in Canada, eh?)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It's odd that there is plenty of speculation of what the dealer will do if he catches us with performance parts on our MINIs, and plenty of advice about how to argue with the dealer in that situation, but no one can post actual evidence of any warranty claim being denied because of performance parts. Maybe the dealers are better than we give thme credit for.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I talked to my dealership about this issue... They said that if the aftermarket part is the cause of the problem or dammage, then the specific dammage it caused is not under warranty. I have a cold-air intake and a few other mods and the people at the dealership actually like it because they rarely see modded minis ! :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts