MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Wandering....
40,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im just wondering, what are all the UK & European people trading in for their MINIs, and if anyone is buying the MINI as a second and or fun car, whats your main mode of transport. My wife has a Fiat Punto which the MINI will be replacing - now thats what I call a good move !!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Aiden

The main car is a Saab 9-3. The MINI replaces a Peugeot 106 1.1 litre.

Cheers

:)

·
Registered
573 Posts
I am currently driving a 1997 Renault Laguna 1.8 RT which is very nice and comfortable to drive, but very boring in the speed/power department.

Can't wait for my S!!

Andy

·
Ex-Mini2 Racer & Sponsor
562 Posts
Main car - BMW 328Ci

MINI replacing a TVR (surprise surprise!) Griffith. Sorry to see her go :( but looking forward to the Mini! Just heard today, she's due at John Cooper Works early next week, then will take a month or so to get ready (as they're doing so many). Might have to pay a visit to see how she looks...

Andy

·
Registered
431 Posts
Cooper S replacing...

... 1999 Vauxhall Corsa 1.2 SXi.

Nice responsive steering and great sports seats are about the only thing it has going for it.

Bought it cos it had 2 years free Insurance, which was good for an 18 year-old. But I do wish I had kept my Cinquecento!

It is my first and last black car. What a nightmare. White primer shows up EVERY little mark and it gets dirty so quickly.

Going from 65bhp to 163bhp should be interesting!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Replacement...

Currently driving a 1994 Suzuki Swift GT. Not 100% sure of getting a MINI but my next car (Mini Cooper S?, Civic Si?, Focus SVT?) will be a summer/track event car with the Swift doing winter and wet weather duty.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Cooper has replaced....

... a Honda Prelude 2.2 VTEC.

You know, the model with 4 wheel steering. Fabulous engine, truly sh*te steering. Didn't work, couldn't be fixed - want to talk about a pull to the left? I didn't have a sodding clue what direction the rear wheels were going to point in next. (supposed to lock in place when the system packed up but I swear they had some play in them). Made cornering interesting to say the least :D .

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
A new MK5 ford Fiesta 1.3 Finesse (its already been sold :) ) Taking pride of place will be a MINI ONE :D :D :D

·
Bring the noise
2,441 Posts
dcfkan,
What is your current Cooper ?
I'm selling my 1998 Sportspack at a very reasonable price....to get into my MINI....

·
Registered
2 Posts
1999 Mercedes ML 320. I'm tired of the squeaks, body roll, truck ride, loud noise (have the extra large opening skyroof). Can't wait for a car (Mini Cooper S) that is half the cost, half the weight, half the fuel consumption, and twice the fun!

My wife thinks I'm nuts. But for some reason, it was OK for me to drive a Ford Festiva for 7 years/110,000 miles.

·
Registered
95 Posts
My MINI replaced a 106.

Lovely little car, only 17,000 on the clock and 6 years old, needless to say the 17 year old who bought it, thinks it's wonderful. He's waiting for a MINI Cooper now, long wait me thinks!

·
M2 Bapmaster
3,138 Posts
Nova 1.2 Ten years old but only 35000 miles. Quite a few engine/driving mods but no visual mods. How different the MINI is! I've never looked back since deciding to change.

·
Registered
20 Posts
BMW 328 CI 2000 - Quite possibly the most uninspiring car to drive ever.
Took it for a service and borrowed a Mini...never looked back.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Citroen BX 16 Valve - 1992 year

A 160bhp hydraulic nightmare. Collectors car 'cos you spend a lot of time collecting up the bits that have fallen off.

·
Registered
16 Posts
a ka to a cooper

changed my silver ford ka for a brand new red/white cooper
Once I set eyes on the MINI there was nop turning back.

Poor Ka I did get 2 years free insurance which saved my a few bobb.

:) :D :cool: :eek:

·
Registered
10 Posts
cooper s replacing....

Mr2 turbo,245 bhp as standard, very sad to see it go . Need more seats for future family. Couldn't cope with the 115bhp from standard cooper, so going for the cooper s which hopefully will be a bit more fun- still a massive drop in power though!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Long serving Rover 220GTi. Pretty quick, but not a patch on the Cooper when it comes to the twisty stuff.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts