MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
MINI on the brain!!!
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just thought I would make a topic where people can discuss or maybe even drool over talking about which MINI model they are wanting to get in the future.... :D

I'm hanging out for a Cabrio...I'm thinkin' a "S" altho then I think... maybe I should just stick with the Cooper the way that petrol prices are going... :(

Call me obsessed but I check carsales, carpoint and sometimes drive for MINI's that are out there but am always disappointed as QLD has a very little supply of cabrio's... and even less when your looking for an "S" with auto transmission... :( I'm not even fussy on the colour as long as the spec is right... :D

Roll on with the drooling of your next MINI model...:p

·
Mini Maniac
396 Posts
When I get out of uni and have a good paying job. It will probably be an 05 or 06 Manual Cooper S in Indi Blue with white roof and white side mirrors. Or ill get the RMW 2.0 stroker and put it in my current Mini. I love mine too much to get rid of it.

·
Still kickin' along
3,003 Posts
Y'know..I was thinking about this exact thing this morning. I've got a lightly worked 05 MCS, and Bec, my gf, has an almost-stock 02 MC. I actualy really enjoy driving the cooper. Sometimes we argue over who's driving what car.....the R53 can be a bit exhausting to drive sometimes...noisy and a bit raw....

It's counter-intuitive...but I reckon if there were to be a next time, I would seriously consider getting a late model R50. Obviously I'd modify it....but that's the thing...I don't miss the power when I drive the cooper....I do love that it's a better car in the low rev range....

I reckon it would be sweet do get a cooper, and tune the engine, keeping it NA. You know...higher compression, cam, port, polish, larger valves, valve springs, intake, tuned headers, perhaps even individual throttle bodies and custom ecu tuning. Still low power...perhaps get 110kw or whatever out of it....but make a screamer.....with a tacho needle that swings quickly.....it'd be sooo much fun!

Would also work on the suspension and make it a bit lighter....you know..the usual....yank out the back seats, put in fixed-back buckets and other unneccessary bits and pieces but still keep it civilised....would be different too...

..everyone wants an MCS.....but since I've been driving that 6 year old R50....I really don't think it's a lesser car...I love driving it....

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
If I can sell my wee green beastie it will be a rally prepared Leyland Mini S (Clubman) with a 1275, disc brakes, twin tanks, and best of all IN HOT PINK! Work in progress. Roll cage coming, already have the FIA approved seats and intercom.

·
.....like a Cheshire cat.
430 Posts
My next one will possibly be the SUV, depending on what it looks like.
If not, then the Clubman S...having said that my next MINi is at least three years away.

·
MINI on the brain!!!
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's what I can't decide... do I keep with the Cooper...and get a Cooper Cabrio... sure the Cooper at sometimes it can be a little sluggish to get off the mark when your approaching a roundabout and at a stop and have a 4WD comin at you, your puttin' your foot down but it slowly pulls away then boom...more power...but then other times I'm quite happy with the power... once its going its good... :)

Then again I've never had a test drive in a "S" so it might scare the pants outta me.. but then whenever I got my Cooper and came on here and read all the hype about "Ahhh my S is fantastic" it made me think twice about my purchase.... I really don't know... all I know is that I've nearly had my Cooper 2 years and I'm wanting to get another MINI.. :D And this time I definetely want a Cabrio! I had to go against it last time due to not havin' enough $$$$ :( Its also funny lookin' back on it... near 2 years ago there was no Cooper Cabrio's out there for $26,000-$30,000 now there's a few, whenever I was looking at them they were all in the $40,000++++ bracket... needless to say a used Cabrio S is now somewhat achievable at $36,000 when 2 years ago I would have had no way of gettin' my hot little hands on one at $50,000+ YIKES!

Too many decisions!! :(

·
Registered
67 Posts
Pah I only just got my MCS!

It'd probably be gen3, whenever that shows up. The JCW is nifty but I think I'll just mod mine moderately so it's still sellable at some point - trade up depending on what a new model is like, taking the opportunity to change colours and do all new decals etc.

But really, more of the same ;-)

·
Mighty Mouse
99 Posts
That's what I can't decide... do I keep with the Cooper...and get a Cooper Cabrio... sure the Cooper at sometimes it can be a little sluggish to get off the mark when your approaching a roundabout and at a stop and have a 4WD comin at you, your puttin' your foot down but it slowly pulls away then boom...more power...but then other times I'm quite happy with the power... once its going its good... :)

Then again I've never had a test drive in a "S" so it might scare the pants outta me.. but then whenever I got my Cooper and came on here and read all the hype about "Ahhh my S is fantastic" it made me think twice about my purchase.... I really don't know... all I know is that I've nearly had my Cooper 2 years and I'm wanting to get another MINI.. :D And this time I definetely want a Cabrio! I had to go against it last time due to not havin' enough $$$$ :( Its also funny lookin' back on it... near 2 years ago there was no Cooper Cabrio's out there for $26,000-$30,000 now there's a few, whenever I was looking at them they were all in the $40,000++++ bracket... needless to say a used Cabrio S is now somewhat achievable at $36,000 when 2 years ago I would have had no way of gettin' my hot little hands on one at $50,000+ YIKES!

Too many decisions!! :(
Mmmmmmmm - don't take the Mini Cabrio Cooper S for a test drive what ever you do!

One drive of a Cooper S and you'll be hooked and a lot poorer, the supercharger whine is definitely addictive :D.

·
Mini Maniac
396 Posts
I have never driven an S. But on the mini drive I stalked 21Blue and could hear his supercharger whine over my exhaust. Gotta admit it sounds sexy. :p

Reactions: 2bob

·
MINI on the brain!!!
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeh I must admit I do like that supercharger whine... :D

·
Noob
247 Posts
I LURVE my R53. I think I actually love it too much to want a R56 even. If anything, I would have a brand new R53 (not possible, but hey - we're just dreaming here right?) with all the exact same options and colours, BUT with a JCW Tuning and Chassis Kit.
<-- That's me drooling.

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
When are you thinking of changing, and what will you get instead?
Lease finishes April 1 next year. Not sure what at the moment, maybe an A3? 135 would be nice, but I can't justify it, and despite my previous post, a Clubman has crossed my mind. I need something I can fit the bikes in/on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
This IS my 'new' mini

Just joined the forum and thought I'd post a pic of my 'new' toy. It took my better half 6 years to convert me, she has an 02 Cooper which she's owned from new and loves dearly, sell? She'd p/ex the kids first! I couldn't get past the 'engineered' rattles that her car very quickly acquired and have spent the past 6 years running it down but after taking the S out for a test drive I swallowed my pride and became a convert. :D
The car is well optioned but I'm looking for a pair of JCW seats first up, just didn't like the price quoted by Auto Classic, $2400 each, ouch! I know we mine gold in WA but I don't have my own personal lease!
Anyway, here's the car and look forward to meeting fellow mini owners in the West.

Attachments

·
.....like a Cheshire cat.
430 Posts
Lease finishes April 1 next year. Not sure what at the moment, maybe an A3? 135 would be nice, but I can't justify it, and despite my previous post, a Clubman has crossed my mind. I need something I can fit the bikes in/on.
Let me know if you want to test the rear of the Clubman for size....I am happy for you to use mine as a tester (as long as the bikes are clean!)

·
You are number 6
5,267 Posts
Just joined the forum and thought I'd post a pic of my 'new' toy. It took my better half 6 years to convert me, she has an 02 Cooper which she's owned from new and loves dearly, sell? She'd p/ex the kids first! I couldn't get past the 'engineered' rattles that her car very quickly acquired and have spent the past 6 years running it down but after taking the S out for a test drive I swallowed my pride and became a convert. :D
The car is well optioned but I'm looking for a pair of JCW seats first up, just didn't like the price quoted by Auto Classic, $2400 each, ouch! I know we mine gold in WA but I don't have my own personal lease!
Anyway, here's the car and look forward to meeting fellow mini owners in the West.
Welcome to MINI2 :D
That looks like a nice MINI , is it a JCW?
don't forget to check out clubMINI
our next run is Sunday 10th August, meet at Auto Classic at 9:00 for a 9:30 start :smile:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts