MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen a few photos of mini's with the orange and red lights or reflectors on the wheel arches. What exactly are these and what option would I need to ask for to get them? I think they look fantastic and I’d want them included on my MCS when I order it.

I'd use the forum search but I’ve got no idea that they are called. I've attached a photo in case you've no idea what I’m talking about

Attachments

·
Range Rover SDV8!
5,153 Posts
This is a legal requirement in the USA, that's all.

They do look rather good though, don't they? I would have liked them on mine, but I don't think it's possible.

Tigger

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats a crying shame! but it does explain how all the cars i've seen it on had USA plates on them. i'll have to see if i can find a site that sells the part to fit it myself.

·
MINI2 Lover
463 Posts
U like those reflectors?? ewwww I HATE em.I have a 2004 pepper white MCS and I HATE them I want to black them out so it matches with the black molding. ewww

·
Bill Brasky
83 Posts
luVlee said:
U like those reflectors?? ewwww I HATE em.I have a 2004 pepper white MCS and I HATE them I want to black them out so it matches with the black molding. ewww
I agree completely.
Does anyone here have the blackout kit not only for the arch reflectors, but also for the tail lights?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like it in the photos I’ve seen, check out the bullet time article in the apr/may issue of gomini I like the look of that cooper s. so are they working lights or just reflector strips stuck on?

·
Small + Car = Big Smiles
368 Posts
Hi There WhiteNoiseMaker,

I also like these. I inquired about them at a few dealers and managed to order them from Germany via my local dealer.

They are lights with reflectors build into the front of the lens. You need to buy the new arches to fit them into. It is relatively inexpensive @ around £ 70 for all the parts.

As it took me a while to get hold of them and knowing first hand how some dealers react when you ask them about a "special" part; I thought you (and other like-minded MINI owners) might like to have the part numbers, so here goes:

SPOILER 51 11 1 479 091
SPOILER 51 11 1 479 092
SPOILER 51 12 1 479 095
SPOILER 51 12 1 479 096
SIDE LIGHT 63 14 6 911 723 (ORANGE FRONT)
SIDE LIGHT 63 14 6 911 724 (ORANGE FRONT)
LAMP 63 14 6 911 725 (RED REAR)
LAMP 63 14 6 911 726 (RED REAR)
PLASTIC NUT 51 41 0 143 406 (YOU NEED 8 OF THESE NUTS)

(The part descriptions are as per the packaging and my invoice.)

Update (May 2005):

Additional parts required are:

END PLUGS 61 130 141 148 (YOU NEED 4 OF THESE)

PINS WITH CABLE 61 130 030 853 (AT LEAST 4 REQUIRED - POSSIBLY 8)

Please also note that all these parts are for a COOPER S.

Hope this helps and please let me know if you manage to get hold of them.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info HyperConvert!

I'll be placing my order for a MCS after I’ve got back from my month long holiday to Australia! Hopefully I’ll find a dealer locally that is willing to order the parts for me. Knowing that I’ll have something that the majority of UK MCS's don't have is making the idea of fitting them even more attractive!

·
Registered
754 Posts
Wheel Arches

Hyper I noticed your on-line at the moment and have always want the US style lights on the wheel arches. I found your thread on these did you ever get them fitted, I tried to order via my local dealer and he said he could order these parts. Also if successful did the wiring loom on a UK car have the sockets there all ready to plug into?

Obviously bored pre-christmas surfing already~!!!!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think HyperConvert had a few problems and didn't get his Mini. I know he got the parts as he offered them to me but i don't get my MCS until March so i didn't buy them ....plus it sounds like too much work to do it myself and i didn't fancy paying the dealer to fit them for me.

Here a PM i got from HyperConvert in October....

Hi There,

I have spoken to my dealer and they had no problems to fit it for me. They need to do some type of electrical extention though. Seeing that it was BMW/MINI parts they were happy to oblige. I would not advise you having a go yourself seeing that it might invalidate your warranty for the electronic parts of the car.

I have had some misfortune and now wil not be able to buy the MINI anymore. In antisipation of the big day I have however gone ahead and bought matts, CD-changer, rearbumper chrome line, numberplates... etc and now have a garage filled with MINI stuff and no car on the way anymore...

I remembered that you were interrested and I thought you would have received your car by now. To be honest with all the packaging the bits are quite bulky and the cost of me shipping it to you might make getting the parts through your dealer in March a cheaper option (they were only around £ 70).

My dealer said that they might be interrested to buy all the bits back as a bulk deal. Will give them a go first.

Good Luck in ordering...

Ex-HyperConvert...

·
Registered
314 Posts

If you don't like the side markers as they are, I recommend doing what I did.

Get these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7942211100&category=33708&sspagename=WDVW

I have a PS/B S and I replaced them with the smoked version of the side marker lenses.

I also swapped the side marker grille with a Cooper owner, got black jewel lenses from mossmini.com (http://www.mossmini.com/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=41008&SortOrder=2) and now I've got quite a unique look.

I'll post pics of my car when I manage to take some........

Attachments

·
Small + Car = Big Smiles
368 Posts
Hi There Everybody,

As reported by WhiteNoiseMaker I did have some trouble with my previous order but I am now back on track and ordered a MCS for delivery in March 2005 (SNAP WhiteNoiseMaker :D ).

I initially ordered through Sytner Gerrard's Cross - after long debates they would not fit the lights.

My current order is at Park Lane. I received a call from them on Friday saying that they are awaiting a callback from their service department about the wiring of the lights and that they will get back to me on Monday. They will definitely fit the parts but the wiring remains an issue. I received no call on Monday and phoned them today only to find out that my salesman has been off sick since Monday! :( I will update everyone as soon as I have more info!

Vitesse - I have not seen the inside wiring but according to the latest information I have they need to link new wires from the headlights and the rear break lights. This is where the warranty issues come in. I looked at the parts again earlier today and it has a two pins inside the light that needs to go into a wire plug.

interceptor - Yes I still have the parts (sorry they are not for sale anymore!) and I will try and post photos of some of the parts.

Hope this helps a bit.

Hope to see you all at a MINI meet next year!

Attachments

·
Registered
9,661 Posts
HyperConvert said:
Hi There Everybody,

As reported by WhiteNoiseMaker I did have some trouble with my previous order but I am now back on track and ordered a MCS for delivery in March 2005 (SNAP WhiteNoiseMaker :D ).

interceptor - Yes I still have the parts (sorry they are not for sale anymore!) and I will try and post photos of some of the parts.

Hope this helps a bit.

Hope to see you all at a MINI meet next year!
Mate-Glad your getting another MINI! :cool:
Yeah keep us posted on how you get on!

Simon

·
Registered
23 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
754 Posts
Hyper thanks for your reply.

Can anyone in the US confirm exactly where these little side lights plug into? I can't imagine the the wiring loom on a US car and a non US car are any different. They probably have a couple of extra wires that plug into somewhere on the loom where the side lights are powered from?

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
About this Discussion
51 Replies
22 Participants
nonsequitur
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing