MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
Noticed a noise in my R52 in the last few days, thought it was a flat tyre at first but it's not. Makes it at all speeds but seems to quieten on left bends but not on right and seemed to be drivers side but obviously difficult to tell when you're driving if it's on passenger as well. First thoughts were wheel bearing so jacked up this morning and get this ticking noise when turning the wheel
No noticeable play or movement in the wheel itself and it's making the same noise on both front wheels. Not sure it is the bearings now but not had them fail before so unsure on what noise they make, does it sound like bearings or something else?
Thanks 馃憤

Registered
I had a wheel bearing die recently was drivers side. If I was turning left it got worse and better when going right. Your problem sounds like its on the passenger side.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, just not convinced it's the bearings due to it making exactly the same noise on both sides 馃

Registered
How many miles on the car?

Manual transmission right?

When did you change the transmission fluid last (mileage)?

CV joint boots torn?

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, 113k on it, I got it late last year and dine a few jobs in it but not transmission fluid, no record of it being done that I can see in the service book?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts