MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As it was a nice day yesterday I decided to give the car a good clean.

All went well…well apart from the whole waxing part, never done waxing before so there was a little bit of a mess on the bonnet, but it’s not noticeable until you get real close.

But I was just wondering what do you people use to keep the black trim above the wheel (part of the bumper) and the black plastic (I assume) between the windows and roof black?

I have noticed mine are now loosing their blackness and I would love to be able to get them back to black.

Also any tips on waxing would be handy lol.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I use Meguiar's Back-to-Black with a sponge and love it.
I believe AutoGlym makes a good product for it.
Some have espoused natural substances with protein such as peanut butter.......

·
Registered
241 Posts
Chemical Guys New Look Trim Gel or Autoglym Bumper Care works well on the trim :smile:

What went wrong with the waxing and what wax did you use?

edit: if it's a problem with removing the wax, then a spray of quick detailer and wipe over should do the trick.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the tip people.

The wax I used was Pain Sealant with nano-technology which I got from my mini dealer.

I know it's not proper wax but it says on the bottle that it's 300% better than wax (or something like that lol)

I think I did the mistake of not drying the car properly, so as I was going over the bumper stripes there were just streaks and this stayed there after I had gone over the car with a clean cloth to buff the wax. But after the rain over night the bumper stripes where all clear of streaks which was good news for me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts