MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the vehicle processing plant that recieves the cars from the ships puts on the stickers ?

I ordered a MCS with strips, but if they were not already put on at the factory, I would like them not to be put on, by the VPC. (am told dealer is not the one putting them on, unless after car is originally purchased)

I want to install the 3M clear bra stuff, and it presents an issue to have the strips on the hood, under the clear bra material.

thanks for any help in answering this question. I will ask 'askmini' and the dealership during the week. If I figure out anything I will post an update here.

Thanks,

-MadHatter

·
Registered
54 Posts
Another question...

Are the "Factory" stripes any different than the ones the dealers would install? And why are strips a factory option only on the Cooper S ?

Sorry, no answers. Just more questions. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not sure ... But good questions....

Hopefully someone else can chime in.....

- MadHatter

·
MINI2
49 Posts
Madhatter,

I think the dealer manages the installation of bonnet stripes. By 'manage', I think dealers tend to farm out that type of work to sub-contractors. Anyway, I would dog the dealer to make sure they deliver it the way you want it. Email them and call your salesman as the delivery date gets closer. He/She will likely forget, unless you keep reminding them.

Mitch

·
Registered
29 Posts
I hope this is helpful to you. My MINI was ordered with stripes and arrived at the dealer on the 13th. That night I visited the dealership to have a surreptitious visit. At that point it did not have the stripes or clear bra. Mid-week, they had applied the bra. At pickup time, a week later, the bra had been cut away to accomodate the stripes. I was VERY skeptical of how it might look, but actually it looks fine.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the feedback guys....

This really is a great Mini Cooper Support group !!!

Best,

- MadHatter
:cool:

·
Registered
29 Posts
I guess the only problem for me was if I decided at any point to have the stripes taken off, but now that I'd had it a week I can't imagine it without some kind of stripes, even if at some point in the future I might want to get the original ones replaced with something a little more unique.

Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts