MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When buying a new car how many of you take the tax disk off your part exchange to cash it in?

·
Always on Overboost
2,524 Posts
Took mine off - they don't give you any tax for free.

Make sure you leave the tank empty - handed my last MINI in with 24 miles on the range - bit too high really ;)

·
Registered
25 Posts
I might be really dumb but I didn't know you could do this???:eek:

I am about to part ex my Mini one for a new cooper on friday. my tax disc still has a few months to run. should i be taking this out and claiming some money back?

how do you do this?

told you I was dumb! :p

·
Registered
21,702 Posts
Go to the Post Office and pick up a form, cant remember what number it is, but they will have one behind the counter ;) :)

You just put your details on it and stick the tax disc to it and send it off.

·
Registered
25 Posts
wow. you learn something new every day :D

don't the dealers say anything about you handing the car over with no tax disc? I dont suppose it matters to them?

·
Registered
21,702 Posts
Makes no odds to them, as they would only take it off themselves anyway generally, especially if there isnt much left on it :)

I even took the tax off my Dooper, its only £35 for a year anyway, and I only had the car 3 months, I never sent it back to claim, but there was no way on this earth that the dealer as going to benifit from it in anyway ;)

·
Registered
382 Posts
The form you require for claiming back any un-used road tax is a V14.

You can get one from a post office that handles car tax registrations, or you can download and print one from here

V14 Form

I took the tax disc off my car when I part exchanged it for my MINI, the dealers said I couldn't have the tax on the mini, even though there was 6 months left and I would have to pay for it, so I said I guess I'll be taking my tax disc then :wink:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts