MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have got a facelifted '05 model MINI Cooper delivered on 15th July.As I live in the UK,the paint has not had time to 'mature'.My question is-when can I start waxing safely without any problelms to the original paintwork?I should be grateful for any advice. :)

·
SCNM misfit
3,304 Posts
techiedoc said:
I have got a facelifted '05 model MINI Cooper delivered on 15th July.As I live in the UK,the paint has not had time to 'mature'.My question is-when can I start waxing safely without any problelms to the original paintwork?I should be grateful for any advice. :)
got any pics? :D

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
You can wax straight away. In fact the dealer probably waxed it as part of the pre-delivery prep.

·
motorist
208 Posts
Among conventional waxes, Meguiar's Mirror Glaze (yellow bottles) is harder to find and more expensive, but it is better than Gold Class. But I like their NXT polymer best of all!

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
I've got Gold Class and think it is good. Apply a small amount with the applicator pad and work it so that it is on a really thin layer. Apply it too thickly and it is tough to remove.

I tried the NXT wax from a free sample. Didn't think the shine any better but probably a wee bit easier to use.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
KenL
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing