MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have got a facelifted '05 model MINI Cooper delivered on 15th July.As I live in the UK,the paint has not had time to 'mature'.My question is-when can I start waxing safely without any problelms to the original paintwork?I should be grateful for any advice. :)

·
SCNM misfit
3,304 Posts
techiedoc said:
I have got a facelifted '05 model MINI Cooper delivered on 15th July.As I live in the UK,the paint has not had time to 'mature'.My question is-when can I start waxing safely without any problelms to the original paintwork?I should be grateful for any advice. :)
got any pics? :D

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
You can wax straight away. In fact the dealer probably waxed it as part of the pre-delivery prep.

·
motorist
208 Posts
Among conventional waxes, Meguiar's Mirror Glaze (yellow bottles) is harder to find and more expensive, but it is better than Gold Class. But I like their NXT polymer best of all!

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
I've got Gold Class and think it is good. Apply a small amount with the applicator pad and work it so that it is on a really thin layer. Apply it too thickly and it is tough to remove.

I tried the NXT wax from a free sample. Didn't think the shine any better but probably a wee bit easier to use.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts