MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We ordered an MCS this past Saturday. When do we start receiving emails from the factory? The model mini that the salesperson told us we get?

·
Registered
449 Posts
When you get your production number relative to when you placed your order will depend on your particular dealer's allocation quantity and schedule. I placed my order 9/13. Normally this would put me in their October allocation, but their October allocation was already full. (i.e. all cars allotted to them had been pre-sold) I finally received my production number on 10/20 and my car is scheduled for production during week #49, which as far as I can tell is roughly the first week of December. (I still haven't received an exact production date)

If you catch it right I've seen other folks who place their order, receive their production number the next day and have their MINI within about 6-8 weeks. Timing is everything, I guess.

I've never heard of anyone receiving emails regarding their MINI's status. Once you get your production number you can follow it's status either on the MINI website or by calling 1-866-ASK-MINI. These and other "tracking" topics are explained very well in the aforementioned FAQ.

·
Registered
86 Posts
It looks like I caught it right.

I placed the order for my MCC on 10 -31 and got a production number before I left the dealership. Their allocation was for a purple haze cab and the production number on miniusa was for the same. On 11-3, the web site was showing my cool blue. On 11-8, I got the following e-mail:

Date: 2004/11/08 Mon PM 03:03:58 EST
To: “my e-mail address”
Subject: Track Your MINI

=================
Track Your MINI.
=================

Congratulations fellow Motorer. You are now the proud owner of a happy, healthy Production Number for your MINI Cooper Convertible.

Using the Production Number that has been bestowed upon you and the link below, you may now create a personal account for yourself in the MINI Owners' Lounge. Once inside the Lounge, you'll find a link that will allow you to track the progress of your new MINI's development, all the way from the plant in Oxford to your MINI Dealer's door.

You should also now feel free to pass out as many cigars as you'd like.

Your Production Number: xxxxxxx

On 11-10 the web site showed the car was scheduled for production.

I didn't have time to call miniusa untill today and they said it was scheduled for week 47. The guy on the other end said they don't send out progress e-mails and the one I got was from the dealer. I didn't have it in front of me so I didn't push it. We'll see what comes next.

Tom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts