MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Back to the Fold
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have to sell your beloved MINI MCS because of financial restrictions, what do you buy instead with a budget of say £4000.

Car has to accomodate four people and be reasonably economical.

go for it.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
A puma isn't the most practical for 4 people. Not much space for passengers in the back.
VW's are nice :D

Veronica

·
Back to the Fold
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Max said:
This cannot be happening? :(

Gutted for u m8 :mad:

Hang in there.....> :) You know it makes sense? ;)

Max :D :red:
Thanks max, believe me i am trying to hang on but the repayments are getting harder to make and the equity in the car would help pay the mortgage or start a new business venture i am conjuring up. :cool:

Honda Civic VTI? real wolf in sheeps clothing. :D

Of course you could all donate to the "keep Wylie in a MINI" campaign LOL :D

·
Registered
187 Posts
Civic VTi would be pricey on the insurance, they are actully quite high groupings for what they are.

You can pick up some of the older Focus for not much more than that, good handling at least.

French stuff will be good to drive (usually), but may fall to bits at any given moment.

·
Back to the Fold
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
euan said:
French stuff will be good to drive (usually), but may fall to bits at any given moment.

ahhhh yes those heady days of my old 205 gti.... :cool:
got faster as it got older because it got lighter :D :D :D :D

·
Armed to the teeth
182 Posts
Go for a Mk3 Golf GTI - I had a 16v - great drive but expensive to insure - for the equvelent performance. My Girlfriend has an absolute mint M reg 8 valve GTI and I loved driving it on the occasions i have. Real torquey engine.

·
MINI2 Irritant
951 Posts
£4k

Get the new shape vauxhall Corsa - you can pick up a 1.2SXi on about a 02 plate, with AC for that sort of money. Cheap insurance, Tax etc. -

·
Registered
187 Posts
MK 3 Golf GTI - I had an 8v (yawn inducing performance...) and it cost me more than any other car I've had to run. It was all the electrical bits that went on mine which were really expensive to fix.

However, when it ran properly it was great, big, spacious, not the worst handling car in the world either. I think it ended up in Newcastle somewhere. But it needed more power and I wished I'd bought a 16V. (actually went shopping for a MK2 GTi when I bought it - how wrong could you get it??)

Xsara would be cheap and fast though - not a bad handler from what I recall either.

·
Armed to the teeth
182 Posts
euan said:
MK 3 Golf GTI - I had an 8v (yawn inducing performance...) and it cost me more than any other car I've had to run. It was all the electrical bits that went on mine which were really expensive to fix.

However, when it ran properly it was great, big, spacious, not the worst handling car in the world either. I think it ended up in Newcastle somewhere. But it needed more power and I wished I'd bought a 16V. (actually went shopping for a MK2 GTi when I bought it - how wrong could you get it??)

Xsara would be cheap and fast though - not a bad handler from what I recall either.
Well her's only 56,000 miles on the clock and a lairy jetex exhaust (sounds lovely) it's debadged too (not my cup of tea) but you get all these VW nuts checking the car out when the drive by....or maybe they're checking out who's driving??

·
AWOL
14,247 Posts
wylie_eyed said:
ahhhh yes those heady days of my old 205 gti.... :cool:
got faster as it got older because it got lighter :D :D :D :D
how about a 106 GTI... I know they arent big, but 120bhp and great handling...

·
Back to the Fold
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
good ideas but i want something a bit unusual. insurance not really a problem, would like it to be quick if poss. just seen a land rover 90 4.0 ltr V8 from a TVR with LPG conversion and nitrous :D :D :D

now how much fun could you have in that, til you get to a corner that is :cool:

1 - 20 of 65 Posts