MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Beginning a new era
12,809 Posts
Ours didn't go in for first service until it was 15 months old and we'd done 11,500 miles.... depends how you've driven it too :)

14,150 miles to the next one :eek:

·
Registered
415 Posts
claire said:
I've had it over a year but not even done 3000 miles.
Get the oil changed at least once a year and the brake fluid every two. 3000 miles? If your car was a dog that could talk it would be saying "please take me out more often so I can run around, chase cats and fetch sticks"! :) :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Widgey said:
Get the oil changed at least once a year and the brake fluid every two. 3000 miles? If your car was a dog that could talk it would be saying "please take me out more often so I can run around, chase cats and fetch sticks"! :) :)
Yeah I know, some people can't believe how little mileage its done, but I had the car 9 months before I passed my driving test so there weren't many miles building up and I only really use it to drive to work sometimes and pop to the shops! When you live in London, you don't really need to drive as much.

Anyway, I'll give the mini people a ring and get them to advise me about the service.

·
owt else is just traffic
1,462 Posts
When you turn on the ignition look where the mileage is on the speedo and for a second or two it tells you how many miles till your service.

·
Registered
668 Posts
LorraineH said:
Ours didn't go in for first service until it was 15 months old and we'd done 11,500 miles.... depends how you've driven it too :)
It's a relief that there's another MCS that has taken so long to get to the first service. I've done about 9700 and it's showing another 1800 to go. I keep being told that I can't be driving it hard enough.

The car is 2 years old though so it's going in tomorrow, irrespective of what the indicator says, which is what MINI recommend.

As Lorraine says it depends how you drive - my wife's last MC had its first service at 8000 miles. She does a lot of stop/start work as she's a driving instructor, but my car is rarely used in town and usually travels at least 20 miles at a time so always gets warmed up properly.

Claire - I can understand that a lot of people are reluctant to leave it so long but if you do get it done early your dealer might say it is outside the tlc conditions so will charge you for it - and that isn't going to be cheap.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts