MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The cooper has 10 different colors but I only see 5 in the pics of the cars that have landed in the U.S. And only 2 of the 5 for the cooper S.:( Are the making all the coolors yet?

·
Registered
451 Posts
Welcome to MINI land

Out of the 10 MINI Cooper colors listed on the miniusa.com site, only 8 of them have been in production so far as I know. Velvet Red and Pepper White are soon to be available in the UK but no customer cars have yet been delivered. If I am wrong on this someone will correct me. Out of the 8 colors of Coopers delivered so far in the UK, I have seen only 4 of those in US VPC pictures--Pure Silver, Indi Blue, Chili Red, and Liquid Yellow. I would expect that the other 4 colors would turn up in another shipment, before US MINI dealers open for business in late March, because I think that BRG and Black will be popular US colors.

Out of the 8 Cooper 'S' colors available in the US, only the two exclusive 'S' colors have been delivered so far--Dark Silver and Electric Blue. Whether US dealers will get any other colored 'S' for demos is still unknown to this point.

Hopefully, all these types of questions can be answered, once dealers are open. But until then it is just speculation.

P.S.
Kudos to Utah, Salt Lake City, Park City for its problem free hosting of the 2002 Winter Olympics.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Hopefully in just under 3 weeks time I'll be the first MINI2 user to own a Velvet Red Cooper, unless someone beats me to it!

I'll borrow a digital camera to post some pictures as soon as she's here.

·
Registered
451 Posts
color me hopeful

Varse, hey bud, could I ask a favor when you take pics of your MINI could you do one in direct sun and one in indirect light, so I could see the variation of Velvet Red in different lighting conditions?
Hope you get your new MINI on time!!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Sure, I'll do my best, but have you ever been to the UK in March?? Sunlight is a rare and mythical thing, I can definitely do drizzle or lashing rain, would that be OK?!!

To be fair it's loverly today, so may be when I collect her.

Can't wait again!!!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Can't wait to see the pics Varse - my Velvet Red should hopefully follow a couple of weeks later. I'm hoping more pics / colour swatches for Velvet Red will be out in the next day or so - at least that's what my dealer says to expect.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts