Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I know the standard sound system has six speakers:
1st & 2nd - Tweeters near door handle
3rd & 4th - Mid-range/woofer bottom corner in door panel
5th & 6th - 6x9 woofers in rear side panels

I've seen pictures of the HK speakers, and there still appears to be only six speakers and none are two-way. So where are the extra two speakers that make up the eight speakers claimed by Mini for the harman/kardon system?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks heaps.

I had seen that picture, but looked just like a single tweeter.

Not much of a useful speaker though as it is tiny, and has almost its entire sound path blocked by an even more compromised tweeter.

Question is does the tweeter and mid-range share the same magnet? If they do, not really a separate speaker, and both are comprised by having to move the other.

·
Premium Member
7,989 Posts
AnthonyD, try covering up the top speaker position - you will see how much sound difference it makes! I did not disassemble them but I think they are two independant units.

Jones, there is ONLY ONE speaker in each rear 6x9 position. Again there are pics on my web site that show the unit in situ and removed:

However this speaker has two voice coils. This allows the amplifier to deliver twice the power without needing to go to very high voltage outputs. But the two coils do exactly the same effect on the speaker cone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.