MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello - I hope someone can help me.

I am trying to get hold of a proper spark plug socket as I want to replace the plugs on my 2006 R52.

I think its the six sided 16mm one thats required, but I understand it needs to be a thin and tall one !

I cant seem to find any online in the UK that i can order other than the one I found on Amazon, but its out of stock:

MINI Cooper Extended Deep Well Spark Plug Socket Tool

any ideas where else I might get hold of one ?

Thanks in advance
Neale

· Registered
1,144 Posts
When you fit them make sure to tighten them enough to crush the washer, it’s not tight on the first sign of resistance. If you don’t they can strip the threads in the head and pop out.

· Registered
193 Posts
Hello - I hope someone can help me.

I am trying to get hold of a proper spark plug socket as I want to replace the plugs on my 2006 R52.

I think its the six sided 16mm one thats required, but I understand it needs to be a thin and tall one !

I cant seem to find any online in the UK that i can order other than the one I found on Amazon, but its out of stock:

MINI Cooper Extended Deep Well Spark Plug Socket Tool

any ideas where else I might get hold of one ?

Thanks in advance
Neale
I bought this one magnetic, https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/US-PRO-3...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Re k3fus post, when I took the old plugs out of mine, they were not even finger tight.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When you fit them make sure to tighten them enough to crush the washer, it’s not tight on the first sign of resistance. If you don’t they can strip the threads in the head and pop out.

Thanks very much for this prompt reply

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.