MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my 2006 JCW yesterday and kicking around in the boot is a smart little black bag with the jack in it, the bag has two silver hook things on presumably to fix to somewhere but I can’t find where it should go.

I looked under the boot carpet and there definitely isn’t any room, there are spaces behind the plastic flaps either side of the boot but there are loads of wires so can’t imagine it should go there.

Any ideas??

Also why do I have a jack when the car doesn’t have a spare wheel and has run flat tires??

Thanks, Mark

·
Registered
158 Posts
My bad. I thought he was the original poster who has said he HAS got the bag.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks.

That’s exactly where the bag was, but just not fastened in, it didn’t look like it should go there.

We used to have a Cooper with run-flats and I’m sure we didn’t have the bag.

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
Thanks.

That’s exactly where the bag was, but just not fastened in, it didn’t look like it should go there.

We used to have a Cooper with run-flats and I’m sure we didn’t have the bag.
There are different foam moulded trays (which fit in the recess in the boot floor) depending on tyre or spacesaver spare options fitted........I think some have a space for the jack under the floor in the tray.

·
Registered
41 Posts
As mentioned above, I don't have a jack in my boot :( Don't suppose anyone has had to purchase a replacement before?

But I've noticed that there are a couple of hooks underneath the parcel shelf. They're about 1.5 feet apart and I was just wondering if the jack might've fitted there before or if those hooks are for something else?

Just curious ;)

·
Registered
382 Posts
There are different foam moulded trays (which fit in the recess in the boot floor) depending on tyre or spacesaver spare options fitted........I think some have a space for the jack under the floor in the tray.
Plus the Cooper doesn't have the battery in the boot like the S :wink:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts