MINI Cooper Forum banner
841 - 860 of 1115 Posts

·
Now what have I done????
2,704 Posts
Indeed - he looks decidedly under-dressed!

And what of QQ Jill? What is she wearing these days?

Ian

·
Registered
113 Posts
Most definitely -- a couple Januaries ago.... Before his 1st trip to "Jolly Old" and Euro, I believe. I had misfiled them when I transferred them to my computer and they've been lost in the black hole of it since. TG I finally ran across them.

·
Totally Mad!
9,105 Posts
Indeed - he looks decidedly under-dressed!

And what of QQ Jill? What is she wearing these days?

Ian
I think she still has the red scarf that I knitted for her and her straw hat with the red ribbon ;) - not that she'll need a scarf in Australia :p

·
QQJ's Social Secretary
9,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #846 ·
I think she's currently in a box waiting to come to England. :) That picture of Jack must be from 2006. Jack is going to the parade in New Berlin Wisconsin today, and hopefully will get to meet HWS. :D

·
QQJ's Social Secretary
9,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #848 ·
Thank you for posting them! It looks like it was a beautiful day for a parade. I wonder who's covered more miles, HWS or QQJ? :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
It was a great day for a parade! I think Jack truly enjoyed himself. He has another pin thanks to HWS. I've been trying to get him to tell me what he wants to do next--see the penguins at the Shedd Aquarium, visit Millennium Park or maybe shopping on the Mag Mile. We will see!:D

·
Very Senior - & Grateful
103 Posts
Welcome, Quack Quack Jack

What an honor to have A Special Duck (who has seen more of the world than most of us)
come to help Milwaukee MINIs celebrate Independence Day, 2008 in the New Berlin, Wisconsin Parade.
Thousands watched - and cheered - and pointed - and begged us to 'Beep' our Horns again.

While our MINIs were all lined up, waiting for our turn to join the parade, a Retired Milwaukee Policeman
stepped out of a 1937 Patrol Wagon that he and friends were intending to "restore" in spite of its 197,000 miles.
For a slight donation to their cause, he gave us a Small Oval Pin with a picture of that "Paddy Wagon"
and the words "Milwaukee Police". We pinned that to Quack Quack Jack's bandanna to help him remember
his visit to Milwaukee - and his participation in suburban New Berlin's 4th of July Parade.

Continue to travel Safely and Proudly, "Quack Quack"; - You're a Fine Ambassador!

HWS

·
Very Senior - & Grateful
103 Posts
A Little More Culture - That's What I Need !

Thanks, Fu, -

I've never been to England - and have wished that MINI had a Tourist Delivery Program in case this car ever shows signs of 'getting tired'. No signs so far at 278,000 miles. But, even if it never needs to be replaced, I'd love to come, visit the plant, tour MINI's homeland, and see if some of that Culture would stick to me.

But, apparently Liverpool's "Capital of Culture" is in progress right now - and we're all busy preparing for my daughter's Big Wedding a month from today. She and fiance' are both dedicated pilots, so they're coming from Hawaii to be married at the EAA Experimental Aircraft Museum in Oshkosh Wisconsin. The wedding will be immediately after "AirVenture 2008" when that airport will host thousands of airplanes and pilots literally from around the world. Not sure if that qualifies as "Culture" - but the Sights and Sounds are Unforgettable!

My first VW was a 1957 and we joined the Volkwagen Club of America. By 1960, the club chartered a Lufthansa Super Constellation and flew a plane load of us to Germany to tour the plant, pick up our brand new cars, and drive around Europe on our own for three weeks. The cars were then surrendered to VW Dealers who prepared them and loaded them onto VW Transports for shipment to US Ports; - ours came through the Great Lakes directly to Chicago just 90 miles away. Fantastic experience, - and we did it 2 more times later to pick up air cooled Beetles. (Had 7 of those - but never took a chance on their attempts to make a water cooled car)

I'd love the opportunity to do that with my next MINI, - but have been advised that an 82 year old guy should probably not drive in England in a car whose steering wheel was on the 'American side'.

·
MINI One Seven
4,107 Posts
I think she still has the red scarf that I knitted for her and her straw hat with the red ribbon ;) - not that she'll need a scarf in Australia :p
Was he/she at the run today?

·
Now what have I done????
2,704 Posts
Will QQ Jack and/or QQ Jill be going to England for MINI United 2009? It'll be 22-24th May next year, apparently at Silverstone...

Ian

·
The New Mrs Hickman!
692 Posts
Hello Everyone, Sorry it's taken me so long to post, with only a week and a day until the wedding i'm sure you'll understand! Anyway, Jack and Jill are currently sitting on the bean bag in our living room awaiting the big day! Jill is indeed wearing her hat and scarf, and Jack is in his usual attire. Jill accompanied us on the South Downs run which was fun. I've no doubt there will be lots of wedding pictures of the quacks. I would post a South Downs picture on here but I always get told off for posting pictures in the wrong way!

After the wedding they will be in the capable hands of MadBrummie!

841 - 860 of 1115 Posts