MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I know I should be asking this in the Ordering and Delivery forum, but there is so much more action in this main forum. I apologize if I am breaking some sort of rule, and need to have my post moved.

Here's my question:

My MINI was born about 3.5 weeks ago. according to ASK-MINI she was En Route for the last 15 days. ASK-MINI (which I always thought was more accurate) said that it's back at port awaiting a shipping vessel. Whereas MINIUSA says that it's at the Distribution Center.

I always thought that MINIUSA was 2-3 days behind in its status reports. Does this mean that my MINI might be close to my dealer, does it mean that it's actually still in England waiting to come over here? Any idea ? I think I am about to pull out all of my hair.

...I didn't know the obsession could get this bad. HELP! Please!

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'd say anything is possible, but your best bet is to contact your MA. I believe once the car has left the port, ASK MINI is helpless, they don't have any info (correct me if I'm wrong anybody), SO, depending on which ship it is coming on and where it is being shipped to, I'd say it's possible your car IS close...

·
MINI Jedi Knight
124 Posts
The ASKMINI service gets confused when your car is between the distribution center and moving to your dealer. When it hits dealer stock, the owners lounge tracking will change to "at your mini dealer". My car did the same thing - don't worry!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sadly it didn't get shipped through WW. I am not sure what line it was on, because my MA was on vacation for the trwo weeks it was shipping (if it actually did ship).

I am just hoping it's in American now.

·
Loves the Fuzzy One
16,525 Posts
hedcase38 said:
Sadly it didn't get shipped through WW. I am not sure what line it was on, because my MA was on vacation for the trwo weeks it was shipping (if it actually did ship).

I am just hoping it's in American now.
Like everyone else has said, ASK MINI gets confused once your car leaves Southhampton. I would bet it is really at the distribution center just like MINIUSA says.
:)

·
What's this button do?
568 Posts
ASK MINI knows nothing once the car leaves the dock in Southampton.

The website is always at least a few days behind schedule, so if it says "at VDC" it may still be there but is probably gone.

In our case, the day we got the car the website changed from "In Transit" to "at VDC" :rolleyes:

The most accurate information will probably come from your MA, who may (ours did not) have access to truck delivery schedules.

-Eric

·
333...I'm only half evil
577 Posts
Ok, this may be nitpicky but I don't recall seeing this question asked yet:
Our 2524 lb baby was completed today and my MA says it is now awaiting transport to the dock. How long do they usually wait before actually shipping it off to the dock? A day...a week? I understand from reading the prior posts that ASKMINI loses track of it at that point so I have to learn to navigate the WW site, correct? Will my VIN be my source for that info? (I'm guessing some of these have been answered in other posts but I think I'm getting double-vision from reading all the older posts!) :rolleyes: I'll keep searching older posts as my eyes allow. :D
*now the REAL wait begins*

·
Loves the Fuzzy One
16,525 Posts
Tazminia said:
Ok, this may be nitpicky but I don't recall seeing this question asked yet:
Our 2524 lb baby was completed today and my MA says it is now awaiting transport to the dock. How long do they usually wait before actually shipping it off to the dock? A day...a week? I understand from reading the prior posts that ASKMINI loses track of it at that point so I have to learn to navigate the WW site, correct? Will my VIN be my source for that info? (I'm guessing some of these have been answered in other posts but I think I'm getting double-vision from reading all the older posts!) :rolleyes: I'll keep searching older posts as my eyes allow. :D
*now the REAL wait begins*
Don't go blind searching old posts! :D

It's really very easy to track your baby on the WW site. Click here to go to the FAQ. You will need your complete VIN. Good luck, and go over to the March production thread with the rest of us.

My second MINI is in production right now, in the body shop today.

·
333...I'm only half evil
577 Posts
AprilWhine said:
Don't go blind searching old posts! :D

It's really very easy to track your baby on the WW site. Click here to go to the FAQ. You will need your complete VIN. Good luck, and go over to the March production thread with the rest of us.

My second MINI is in production right now, in the body shop today.
Thank you ma'am :D
My old eyes appreciate it! And as instructed..I'll see ya'll over at the March Production thread...

·
Registered
292 Posts
April Whine

How do you find out that it's in the body shop? The website is
not at all detailed. Did you get that from MiniUSA...from calling them?

My 'baby' is due to be completed by March 25th! :)
So, I'm just wondering if I can track its progress this week.
Would be fun. Thanks!

Also our poster said their car didn't go through WW. Don't they all
to the US?

·
Loves the Fuzzy One
16,525 Posts
NeedMiniInfo said:

Would be fun. Thanks!

Also our poster said their car didn't go through WW. Don't they all
to the US?
NMI, scroll up to my previous post and click on the link to the tracking FAQ. That is everything you ever wanted to know about tracking your MINI. My car is due on March 21 and has just now entered the body shop, so you should be able to track yours starting any day now.

And about WW, it is explained better in the FAQ but basically, most cars are on WW. Not all though, they overbook like airlines. :)

·
Motoring with Audrey
141 Posts
NeedMiniInfo said:

You can track it this week, just gotta call 1-866-ASK-MINI and ask them. If they just tell you its in production, then ask what stage it is (usually they'll just offer this info to you)

or you could read the FAQ for more detailed info on everything. ;)

·
Loves the Fuzzy One
16,525 Posts
HoustonMini said:
You can track it this week, just gotta call 1-866-ASK-MINI and ask them. If they just tell you its in production, then ask what stage it is (usually they'll just offer this info to you)

or you could read the FAQ for more detailed info on everything. ;)
You are right! Actually, you don't even need to talk to a live person; the canned message tells you where you are in production. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts