MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
The MINI-LESS MINI Fan
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, here soon im going to be ordering or buying my MCS I wanted to know which mini dealer normally carries the largest stock of mcs's it doesnt matter where just as long as its in the US (they told me I would have to wait a year if I got one in AZ :(

thanks

·
Registered
227 Posts
I do not think that buying a car like a Mini off the lot is the best way to go. If you are going to get what you want, you will have to order it. Classic Mini in Ohio, and Mini of the Hamptons in N.Y. specialize in out of state orders, and know how to cater to this crowd. I bought mine at MOTH nad had no problems, paid list price with no extra charges and got exactly what I ordered - no screw-ups. If you want some of the stranger options, like anthracite headliner, or body colored dash, I doubt if you will find them in stock ordered cars.

·
Registered
204 Posts
JoeDentist said:
I do not think that buying a car like a Mini off the lot is the best way to go. If you are going to get what you want, you will have to order it. Classic Mini in Ohio, and Mini of the Hamptons in N.Y. specialize in out of state orders, and know how to cater to this crowd. I bought mine at MOTH nad had no problems, paid list price with no extra charges and got exactly what I ordered - no screw-ups. If you want some of the stranger options, like anthracite headliner, or body colored dash, I doubt if you will find them in stock ordered cars.
I completely agree. If you order it, it will be much more personal and special. Anyone can buy one off the lot. Besides Classic Mini and MOTH, Bill Jacobs Mini in Naperville, IL also sells at MSRP - no wait. If you really want one off the lot, I know Long Beach Mini in CA has quite a few in stock. I was just there the other day. They also sell at MSRP.

Good luck!

Mary

·
Registered
17 Posts
Try MINI of Nashville

I had to buy out of state due to the wait for a MCS at all the west coast dealers. MINI of Nashville seems to get a huge allocation. I ordered in mid October and will receive my car at the end of December. The wait for MCS seems to be longer now that the factory is producing convertibles. If I'd wanted a Cooper I would have had it by now.
:eek:

·
The MINI-LESS MINI Fan
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the replys

I really dont want to get one off the lot I would like to order one I just didnt know which way would be faster, why does bill jacobs mini have no wait but almost all of the other mini dealers do?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Mini of Nashville

I ordered a MCS through Mini of Nashville also. I would recommend them. My order was placed early October and the car is already on a ship to America. I plan on having the car trucked from Nashville via Dependable Auto Shippers to Seattle. I should receive it late December. The cost for trucking is about $1300. The dealerships on the West Coast will put you on a 1 to 1 1/2 year waiting list with no follow-ups.

·
Registered
204 Posts
healey58302 said:
I really dont want to get one off the lot I would like to order one I just didnt know which way would be faster, why does bill jacobs mini have no wait but almost all of the other mini dealers do?
Each dealership has a certain allocation of cars they can order. I guess Mini's aren't as popular in certain areas. I would contact all the dealerships that sell at MSRP to see what the shortest wait time is. There may be a month or so for all but it's a lot better than a year! Doing a little research will help a lot. I could have ordered a MC from Classic Mini or Bill Jacobs last month but decided to wait one more month to order from Long Beach because I'll save money on shipping. (Shipping was going to be $1200-1300.) Plus, I would like to pick it up from the dealership so I can go over everything with them. You could also buy a one way plane ticket and drive the car back. You'll save $$ on shipping that way. Plus, you get to motor in your new Mini!!

If you really want one right away, I know some dealerships post what they have in stock on their website. Long Beach had quite a few Mini's on the lot. Beautiful ones too. Most of them loaded but all at MSRP. Check longbeachmini.com. There are 2 MCS's, 8 convertibles and 5 MC's. LA is a short plane ride from AZ!

Good luck!

·
Go West young MINI!
111 Posts
Another praise for Classic MINI

I'd recommend going to an out-of-state dealer. Julie Saxa at Classic MINI has been a pleasure to work with thus far. She knows a lot about shipping MINIs from her dealership to the west. She's even lining up the paperwork I'll need to get my car registered at the California DMV.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Another Vote for Julie Saxa at Classic Mini.

I live in Southern CA and I'll be picking-up my MCS from Julie at Classic in Feb. '05. Julie has been a great help and has made it happen without a hitch. She has been present, responsive and thoughtful. And....you get your Mini at MSRP, which compared to most places in CA is a great thing.

·
Mini S New Owner
1 Posts
healey58302 said:
Hello all, here soon im going to be ordering or buying my MCS I wanted to know which mini dealer normally carries the largest stock of mcs's it doesnt matter where just as long as its in the US (they told me I would have to wait a year if I got one in AZ :(

thanks
I have been on the waiting list at NW Mini (seattle area) for over a year. I spotted a want ad in our sunday paper. 11 days later, I am driving a new 2005 Mini S. It isn't quite what I was going to order, but after 1 year on the wait list, no production date in sight, to me, delivery is 9/10th of the law. I'd say that this car is 95% of what I was going to order. The wait time would have been less, but thanksgiving and chicago weather got in the way.

I'm still on NW Mini's wait list. I will either sell my spot in line, take delivery on the 2nd MCS, keep both or sell one.

I got my car from Patrick Mini in Schaumburg IL. Kevin McConnell was most helpful connecting me with my car. Freight was a bit spendy ($1600), but after 1yr, my car lust was high, resistance low. They ship via rail; cars get to you cleaner than via motor freight. Really, it was painless. They have sufficient alloocation that you could order your car from them and get it before you qualify for Medicare.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mini of Charleston

Just wanted to put in my plug for Dana Prato and Mary Crosby at Mini of Charleston. I live in SF and was looking to buy a car off the lot since I'd had a recent accident and needed a new car. I decided I would rather pay for delivery than the markup charged by CA dealers. I wrote to various Mini dealers around the country to see what they had available. Dana responded promptly to all of my questions (more so than anyone else) and had the model I was looking to buy and at the right price.

Anytime I had a question, Dana would reply either that day or the next (given the time difference). She made the process very easy and had all the paperwork sent to the CA DMV for registration. Knowing the SF DMV, I was worried that the papers would be lost but even though I went to register 3 weeks after the papers had been sent, they were there and I registered without a problem.

My purchase happened around the holidays so Dana was gone for a few days. In her absence, I dealt with her supervisor, Mary Crosby, and she was also amazingly helpful. I had a couple of concerns and they resolved them immediately, no questions asked. The only bad part is that if I ever need service, I will have to take it to a local dealer rather than Mini of Charleston.

By the way, I had my vehicle transported by Dependable Auto Shippers (DAS) and paid for topload, covered transportation. My car arrived in time as promised and in good shape.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts