MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Happy Motorer!
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to install the new Dension Icelink Plus with the boot-mount kit, and I am having a miserable time trying to find the CD changer harness. Apparently the convertible does not have the same type access panel that the hardtops have, and no one at my dealership or 866-ASK-MINI can tell me where it is.

Anyone? Anyone?

·
Happy Motorer!
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, addsy77, I was a little chicken to pull that piece of paneling off myself, but I was able to get to the harness today with the help of the service guy at the dealership (although I had to tell him where it was located!)... got my Icelink installed, although there seems to be a problem with the controls...

Oh well, it would have been too easy if it had worked perfectly the first time! :D

·
Registered
437 Posts
addsy77 said:
check these pix out
this is how i got to it

http://webpages.charter.net/tprado/mcc/

Great web site addsy77...man, but that antenna location?? I'm sure it works great, but kinda messes up the clean lines of your car. That's the whole reason I'm trying to find where the lead for the main antenna is in the convertible, so I can use the (supposed) existing base of the antenna as the satellite antenna without attatching another.

But I appreciate those pics, very helpful and well done.

·
Registered
85 Posts
addsy77 said:
check these pix out
this is how i got to it

http://webpages.charter.net/tprado/mcc/

So that one screw holds the entire side panel in place? Or do you need to remove other things to get access behind it? (doing a IceLink+ install on my 06 cabrio)

Also, that square notch in the foam under where the screw is.. does it go all the way thru? Im tempted to cut an access hole in the grey panel to get easier access to the rear connectors at that point.

I can then retrofit a velcro attachment to close it again.

Reference for "square hole"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.