MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there Mini Lovers!

i live in Barnstaple, Devon and to be honest I have noticed that there is a lack of mini love going on lately! Is it just me!?

Often when passing a fellow mini i will wave or raise my hand to say 'hey' but nothing!
where is the love people!

My little baby is an astro black mini one 07 plates with roof racks (..i think i am the only one in barnstaple who is silly enough to have them!!) so next time you see me WAVE!! :D

People of North Devon show the Mini Love!

x

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm sorry, but I think if a fellow mini driver waved at me, I think I would dive behind the steering wheel and pray for a quick death either by embarassment or the fact that I've swerved into a tree into an attempt to hide from the waver :redface:

·
MMC Member
14,017 Posts
I always wave... I don't always get a response but I wave anyway. ;) Generally the next time that I see them I do get a wave back.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Then if you feel like that why are you drivng a mini if your too embarassed to see a fellow mini drive wave at you!?
think you need to return your mini!

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
I don't wave and for one main reason, the MINI is a current mass market car for everybody and anyone. To most drivers it is just a car like any other car, of which there are more and more on the road everyday, so why wave to stranger just because they chose a MINI instead of a Fiesta?

Yes there are some people to whom it is more, but these are in the minority, so your chance of getting a response is slim and getting even slimmer every day. And I understand the embarrassment factor that the other user above has mentioned, as it would be like every 3 series owner expecting to wave at each other:eek:

If you were in a classic car, one which was no longer in production, one which had to maintained and had a high percentage of its owners that own it for what it is and not to get from A to B then I can understand the waving then.

When the car was launched I understood it then, as there were not that many MINI owners, and you would find that you had a higher hit ratio of reply to waving, so did it then, as it was something unique on the road, unlike today.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I don't wave and for one main reason, the MINI is a current mass market car for everybody and anyone. To most drivers it is just a car like any other car, of which there are more and more on the road everyday, so why wave to stranger just because they chose a MINI instead of a Fiesta?

Yes there are some people to whom it is more, but these are in the minority, so your chance of getting a response is slim and getting even slimmer every day. And I understand the embarrassment factor that the other user above has mentioned, as it would be like every 3 series owner expecting to wave at each other:eek:

If you were in a classic car, one which was no longer in production, one which had to maintained and had a high percentage of its owners that own it for what it is and not to get from A to B then I can understand the waving then.

When the car was launched I understood it then, as there were not that many MINI owners, and you would find that you had a higher hit ratio of reply to waving, so did it then, as it was something unique on the road, unlike today.

Hurrah for Rakey.... you feel my pain :redface:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just don’t understand why we can’t just be nice to each other and appreciate that they are fellow Mini drives regardless of whether they are just driving a Mini coz its car rather then a Mini.
Should we not make more of an effort?
Surely it would be like an extension of a mini forum!? :frown:

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
Just don’t understand why we can’t just be nice to each other and appreciate that they are fellow Mini drives regardless of whether they are just driving a Mini coz its car rather then a Mini.
Didyou read what I posted?:eek:

Not everyone is a MINI fan just because they are own one, not every MINI owner is on this forum:rolleyes:

THE MINI IS A MODERN DAY MASS MARKET CAR JUST LIKE ANY OTHER CAR!

Its not going to happen, give up, get on with enjoying your car.

·
Registered
24 Posts

Ok then, if you feel that emotional about it.... can we just agree that you don't wave at the Pepper White minis? Thanks :)

·
MMC Member
14,017 Posts
Didyou read what I posted?:eek:

Not everyone is a MINI fan just because they are own one, not every MINI owner is on this forum:rolleyes:

THE MINI IS A MODERN DAY MASS MARKET CAR JUST LIKE ANY OTHER CAR!

Its not going to happen, give up, get on with enjoying your car.
Quit being cranky....

Don't make me wave at you. :p

·
Totally Marvellous!
1,165 Posts
I'm sorry, but I think if a fellow mini driver waved at me, I think I would dive behind the steering wheel and pray for a quick death either by embarassment or the fact that I've swerved into a tree into an attempt to hide from the waver :redface:
Hey ebarton - feel free to wave at my PW - I'm occasionally in time to wave back...:D

Yea, you find out fairly quick that if you wave, some drivers wave back, but not many do - as Rakey rightly says, the MINI is a high-volume, mass-market vehicle these days and most people won't know or won't give a rat's ass why we wave.

I've got the suspicion that more MINI drivers wave at each other than with any other breed of car, but the percentage is still gonna be pretty low...

Sure you'll get ignored, blank looks and raised eyebrows, I think we all understand that, but this is the first time I've ever heard from someone who would apparently rather commit suicide than even be WAVED AT by a fellow MINI driver, let alone wave back - and that's from someone on MINI2 :eek::eek::eek:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sure you'll get ignored, blank looks and raised eyebrows, I think we all understand that, but this is the first time I've ever heard from someone who would apparently rather commit suicide than even be WAVED AT by a fellow MINI driver, let alone wave back - and that's from someone on MINI2 :eek::eek::eek:
I used to own a Ford Puma, and there were a lot of Puma drivers who were wavers... I just find it all so cringeworthingly embarassing, soz :redface:

·
thats better
2,482 Posts
*where is the miserable old gitt button??*

I wave, 98% look at me like Im a looney but the 2% that wave back make my day!!!

Im a HAPPY MINI LOONEY :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I used to own a Ford Puma, and there were a lot of Puma drivers who were wavers... I just find it all so cringeworthingly embarassing, soz :redface:
Ford Puma....no wonder your embarrassed to be seen and waved at!! Don’t blame you!! I would be too if I drove a ford puma!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts