MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Insanely Stupid...
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok people,

I just want to know where the new mini is made? and where the mini cooper S is made... can anyone please help me with this :)

Stelly

·
Range Rover SDV8!
Range Rover SDV8, Triumph Tiger & Triumph Trophy
5,172 Posts
When I lived in Oxford, and the plant was making Rover cars, it was on the outskirts of Oxford in a place called Cowley and was known, unsurprisingly, as the Cowley plant.

It's still at Cowley although it is actually a couple of hundred yards further from Oxford than it was when it was a Rover plant. So how come BMW suddenly decided that Cowley was actually Oxford after all ! It reminds me of those estate agents where addresses like "Mayfair" or "Kensington" seem to cover much larger areas than they actually do in reality! :rolleyes:

Tigger.

·
total MINI . com
34,893 Posts
Stelly - welcome to MINI2 :)

They do tours of the plant so you can go and watch the MINIs being built - it really is a fascinating trip to do. Folks on here often organise them so look out for one in the future and put your name down to join in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.