MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched the K&N website, but all it pulled up was the Typhoon kit. I want to stay stock (at least for now :D ), but I would like to drop in a K&N in the stock airbox. What am I missing here? :confused:

Thanks! (Or should I say cheers?) :)

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kapps said:
K&N has a drop in filter as well. Did you do a vehical search? It's the 33-2270. What year is your MINI...they might have not added the new model year yet.
I did a seach using model year 2004, though it is an '05 MCS. I don't have the vehicle yet (awaiting transport), but I assumed K&N would at least have the '04 info on their website. I also assumed there was no change in the airbox between '04 and '05. Too many assumptions, I know. I'll search using that part number.

Thanks!

·
Registered
429 Posts
Yea I noticed they don't have it for the '04 either. Mine is an '02 but I still don't expect them to have changed the filter dimensions between model years. I would urge you to really look at an intake kit sometime because just a filter replacement won't yeild any noticeable power increase. I got mine because I had 26k miles and desperately needed a new filter. In another year, I plan on doing the HAI mod over at NAM (K&N cone filter right on throttle body - eliminating intake). Anyway, maybe someone else with a newer model and only a drop in filter replacement will drop in to confirm my assumptions.

·
THE WAXMAN
20 Posts
yes they do make one. i just replaced mine with a new k&n. got it from auto zone, it's a special order parts order thing. had contacted k&n by email about it and some at k&n weren't aware that they made it!!!!!!! go figure. if you need part number let me know.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
jinubob81 said:
www.ajusa.com

probably takes the longest to get, but is also the cheapest and free ship.

Thanks! I just ordered it. Since I don't have the vehicle yet (still awaiting transport), it's now a race - will I get the car first, or the filter. My money's on the filter. :p

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The K&N came today! Man, that was quick, especially for free shipping! Now if only I had the vehicle to put it in!!!! Awaiting Transport. . . . .urgh!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
jinubob81 said:
arent i the greatest?
You get my vote! Now, can you find a buyer for my 17" S-Lites? I plan on removing them at the dealership (if it EVER gets there) and throwing on some 18's. So they will be a brand new set of S-Lites and performance run flats with 0 miles.

C'mon jinubob, show me just how great you are!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts