MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched the K&N website, but all it pulled up was the Typhoon kit. I want to stay stock (at least for now :D ), but I would like to drop in a K&N in the stock airbox. What am I missing here? :confused:

Thanks! (Or should I say cheers?) :)

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kapps said:
K&N has a drop in filter as well. Did you do a vehical search? It's the 33-2270. What year is your MINI...they might have not added the new model year yet.
I did a seach using model year 2004, though it is an '05 MCS. I don't have the vehicle yet (awaiting transport), but I assumed K&N would at least have the '04 info on their website. I also assumed there was no change in the airbox between '04 and '05. Too many assumptions, I know. I'll search using that part number.

Thanks!

·
Registered
429 Posts
Yea I noticed they don't have it for the '04 either. Mine is an '02 but I still don't expect them to have changed the filter dimensions between model years. I would urge you to really look at an intake kit sometime because just a filter replacement won't yeild any noticeable power increase. I got mine because I had 26k miles and desperately needed a new filter. In another year, I plan on doing the HAI mod over at NAM (K&N cone filter right on throttle body - eliminating intake). Anyway, maybe someone else with a newer model and only a drop in filter replacement will drop in to confirm my assumptions.

·
THE WAXMAN
20 Posts
yes they do make one. i just replaced mine with a new k&n. got it from auto zone, it's a special order parts order thing. had contacted k&n by email about it and some at k&n weren't aware that they made it!!!!!!! go figure. if you need part number let me know.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
jinubob81 said:
www.ajusa.com

probably takes the longest to get, but is also the cheapest and free ship.

Thanks! I just ordered it. Since I don't have the vehicle yet (still awaiting transport), it's now a race - will I get the car first, or the filter. My money's on the filter. :p

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The K&N came today! Man, that was quick, especially for free shipping! Now if only I had the vehicle to put it in!!!! Awaiting Transport. . . . .urgh!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
jinubob81 said:
arent i the greatest?
You get my vote! Now, can you find a buyer for my 17" S-Lites? I plan on removing them at the dealership (if it EVER gets there) and throwing on some 18's. So they will be a brand new set of S-Lites and performance run flats with 0 miles.

C'mon jinubob, show me just how great you are!

·
Registered
121 Posts
jinubob81 said:
arent i the greatest?
Yes, you are. Especially since you've found us a source that is (for me) right in town - San Diego. I'll be picking up my new K&N next week.

Thanks!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
7 Participants
AuthiMini
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing