MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Where do I get the Aero kit for R53 in Melbourne? What pieces come with the kit? I notice the front bumper, grill and side skirts (color coded) are different to the std MCS. What $$ should I be looking at?

thanks
Shin

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I am actually only interested on the mesh grill, and there are a few threads on this already. The aero grill is nice but need modification to fit onto the MCS bar. I found this in minisport, it said it doesnt need modification, anyone import stuff from minisport before? Is it safe?

·
Mad Modder
340 Posts
Yep they are ok to use. That part doesn't need modification because it's not a grill but a stick on cover which goes over your existing grille. I would be careful fitting this over your existing grill as it may impede air flow somewhat. Fitting the Aero grill into an MCS bumper isn't too difficult but a little time consuming & it's a non reversable mod. Good luck.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh, so it sits on top of the existing grille, but the grille is mesh, and the original grille has horizontal bar, in my car color coded to PW. it will show wouldn't it?

·
Mad Modder
340 Posts
Aero grill (both pieces) was $80 US, Aero skirts were $260 US each (painted by BMW), JCW sill plates were $39 US each. These prices are plus freight. As you can see even with freight they are half the OZ stealers price.

·
trust me, I'm a doctor...
258 Posts
Is that pre-painted Steve? Whereabouts did you buy them from, as I thought that pre-painted aero kit parts were not avail anymore, and you had to buy the primed versions and paint them??

Grizz... you know you want to...! haha...

·
Crapping in the woods...
1,721 Posts
Aero grill (both pieces) was $80 US, Aero skirts were $260 US each (painted by BMW), JCW sill plates were $39 US each. These prices are plus freight. As you can see even with freight they are half the OZ stealers price.
Yeah damn! With the AUD$ being so good right now, it would be beneficial to get it from OS. Which retailer did you get your parts from?

·
Mad Modder
340 Posts
Yes that is painted by BMW, then shipped to US, then shipped here, allow about 6-8 weeks for delivery, you need to supply paint code of course.
You can still get pre-painted from the US.
There are a couple of suppliers on NAM.

·
trust me, I'm a doctor...
258 Posts
Hey Steve, been looking around NAM, and found that Classic MINI have the pre-painted kits... and as you said, the skirts are USD260 each.

They told me that they don't ship to Australia though. Did you buy them from Classic? Or somewhere else?

Cheers

1 - 20 of 28 Posts