MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,
I bought a Alpine iPod adaptor for NewMiniStuff.com(great place to do business). Now I need to find a place to install it behind the trim. I was looking at behind the bin underneath the steering wheel, actually sticking it to the back wall of this unit.
Also how do I wire it into the glovebox.
Any other suggestions?

Regards
Gavin

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I installed this over the weekend.
I firstly removed my headunit.
I pulled down the cover at the drivers knee bolster. From this I mounted the unit on the straight support that runs from the centre console to the drivers side door. I used heavy duty Velcro to secure the adaptor to the support.
As for wiring I took out the blank airbag switch in the glovebox and wired it to the adaptor, a piece was cut out so that it could accomadate the iPod cable. The AI-Net wire was run direct.
All cables were "insulated" with cloth tape.
After that the bolster was replaced and that is it.

Regards
Gavin

·
Mini Cooper
8 Posts
I installed my behind the shelf on the passenger side of the car. There is a space in the far left hand corner of the car. The ipod adapter was secured using velcro straps.

With the shelf replaced the unit was completely hidden. The only modification I had to make was a small hole for the lead to come through. This was made on the right hand side of the shelving unit. The Ipod itself is in ipod armour that is secured on the right hand side of the shelf, again using a velcro patch. This allows the ipod to be easily removed when i'm not in the car.

I will post some photos over the weekend.

Regards

Gareth2512

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.