MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
saving the world
Joined
·
2,896 Posts
Peak Performance in Pammatta
ALS Performance, but someone told me they recently moved out towards Windsor?!
RPM Motorsport in Wetherill Park
Superior Automotive in Mona Vale (I think it was Mona Vale - somewhere up that way)

All of these shops have done lots of pulley installs in the past

Hope you've got the appropriate pulley tools and such, though I guess that depends on what kind of pulley you bought.
 

·
Track Pal
Joined
·
298 Posts
IML337 said:
Peak Performance in Pammatta
ALS Performance, but someone told me they recently moved out towards Windsor?!
RPM Motorsport in Wetherill Park
Superior Automotive in Mona Vale (I think it was Mona Vale - somewhere up that way)

All of these shops have done lots of pulley installs in the past

Hope you've got the appropriate pulley tools and such, though I guess that depends on what kind of pulley you bought.
ALS are at 2 Mary Parade, Rydalmere
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,016 Posts
IML337 said:
Peak Performance in Pammatta
ALS Performance, but someone told me they recently moved out towards Windsor?!
RPM Motorsport in Wetherill Park
Superior Automotive in Mona Vale (I think it was Mona Vale - somewhere up that way)

All of these shops have done lots of pulley installs in the past

Hope you've got the appropriate pulley tools and such, though I guess that depends on what kind of pulley you bought.
Superior did my workand they are specialists in race car work . No need to provide equippment they have it all -fitted a Lambross muffler,unichip,pipercross filter dynod all great job at reasonable prices .I would only use one other place Peak at parramatta who bent over backwards to fit a sway bar the day before Wakefield Park.
 

·
Track Pal
Joined
·
298 Posts
IML337 said:
When were you last there Carl? I was told 2 days ago that they'd moved...

As I said, not 100% sure though - it was second hand info
I was there only last Friday. They were at 2 Wattle St., Haberfield and have moved to the new bigger facility at Rydalmere. The new place has a rolling road and a new engine rebuild area. The owner (Andrew Schmidt) has a bit of a fan club largely made up of BMW motorsport enthusiasts :) He did my pulley in 1 1/2hrs from memory ($85 per hr)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,016 Posts
Greendevil said:
I was there only last Friday. They were at 2 Wattle St., Haberfield and have moved to the new bigger facility at Rydalmere. The new place has a rolling road and a new engine rebuild area. The owner (Andrew Schmidt) has a bit of a fan club largely made up of BMW motorsport enthusiasts :) He did my pulley in 1 1/2hrs from memory ($85 per hr)
For memory Superior cost was $85 for that bit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
so does anyone know is there any place in sydney that have the ALTA pulley removeal tools in their workshop? I bought my ALTA pulley, i didn't buy their removal tool because i thought there are workshops in sydney that do pulley installation will have the tool.
 

·
saving the world
Joined
·
2,896 Posts
I didn't think the alta needed a fitting tool as it's 3 piece, you'll just need a removal tool, which all the above places would have

I may be wrong about the fitting of the Alta Pulley though - do some more research on that one :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
mini tuner around syd CBD

hi guys,

anyone know any good mini tuner that can install pulley around sydney CBD? I work in the city, its really hard for me to goto parramatta or someplace far
 

·
Un-Banned
Joined
·
1,999 Posts
asinn said:
hi guys,

anyone know any good mini tuner that can install pulley around sydney CBD? I work in the city, its really hard for me to goto parramatta or someplace far
You've been waiting a while it seems. But No, there are no mini tuners around the CBD unfortunately otherwise I would be going to them. Your best bet is to drop the car at Peak and pick it up that night or the next day. If you find anyone around the CBD be careful as we all generally know of the only places reputable for Minis.
I live in Paddington and always have to lug a mile to get things done, just part of the show!!
What Alta pulley did you get, and did you get the belt as well?
 

·
my second passion, a tin!
Joined
·
729 Posts
yep Im pretty sure peak have loan cars if needed, just call and ask.


And in answer to the original question. There is none I no of other than the names already mentioned and if they havent been mentioned then they are probably no good:rolleyes: In theory any mechanic should be able to, its just a matter of trust and knowledge

Maybe try City Performance Centre, they are in crown st. They do motorsport stuff but no idea if they have worked on Mini's
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I bought the alta 15% pulley and belt,
i also got the AMD oneclick, once i got the pulley install, i will do my oneclick upgrade.

does anyone know how much does peak charge for pulley installation?
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top