MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, all! I would be the first to admit that I am not very good at waiting for things. (y wife would agree!). Like a kid at Christmas, I want it to be here NOW!

3 weeks ago we put our money down on a new JCW convertible, Chili Red. We're both retired and wanted one last fun car. After about two days our dealer gave us the Build Number. A few days of checking on the Mini Owner's Lounge and being told to check back soon, two weeks ago today the number "Hit" and we were told by the "Track My Mini" function that it was "Scheduled for Production "

As I understand it, this status continues until the car leaves the assembly line. Checking other threads here, people seem to say that this process takes 6-8 days, which I assume are work days.

Well, two weeks later the status has not changed. I checked the excellent FAQ sticky on this site for checking production status, and found the 1-866-ASK MINI number. (I hate to pester my dealer unless it would help). I called it and gave the machine my production number. Back came the reply that it was scheduled for completion August 18, two weeks from now and a full 4 weeks after it entered the nether world of "Scheduled for Production "

From the FAQ sticky, I kind of thought that I would at least get a 3-digit status number (like "153 Assembly Started ") but the voice simply said it was in production and scheduled for completion August 18.

Frustrating, and at least if they could tell me what the problem was things would be a little better. I am not getting younger, I have this "immediate gratification required' gene, and worst, we live in Colorado and any time after October 1 (the date our dealer hoped we would see it by) we are in danger of SNOW! Our baby will not know what snow is if we can help it.

Anyway, this is pretty much a "Thanks for listening, I feel better now" post, but if anyone knows of whether this is common, whether there is a labour strike at the factory, or has any other tips on tracking I'd appreciate hearing it!

Appreciate it and will upload pix when we take delivery.

Jim

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A month "Scheduled for Production"? Really???

OK, with no replies I can just visualize all of you out there rolling your eyes and thinking, "Another impatient newbie". But we are now going on ONE MONTH since the car was placed on the "Scheduled for Production" status. Is this something anyone else has ever experienced? I'm really thinking that it might be better if they dropped the "tracking" function and just said, "Relax, it will be there when it gets there".

Like I said, I'm not getting any younger and the snow will be flying here in Colorado in a couple months.

Sorry to be a bother.

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
I think that your car will arrive before the snow. With regards to new build Mini's then I can't help you there as I always buy second hand but here in the UK you can wait up to 6 weeks from your order being placed and the car in your possession. My mate only waited a few weeks for his JCW but we do live on the mainland where the Mini's are born. I'd also imagine that it would take at least 2 weeks to ship your car over the pond.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Appreciate your reply! My wife will be the first to admit that I am not the most patient man in the world, but I'd been lead to believe that the "in production" phase usually lasted less than two weeks. Then there is a delay as it finds a ship and the ship heads across the pond. Worse for us as ours has to go through the Panama Canal to arrive at a west coast port. Oh well, I'm sure this will all be worth it! Thanks again.
Jim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts