MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just been to see our new MCS which arrived today and wondered where the overhead clock had gone. Anyone know :confused: ?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Davislove3rd said:
I have to say I find the new clock position no problem at all really :)
Me too! I actually prefer it over the old one that was way up on the roof. I find it awkward to have to look up at the roof while driving, but very easy to glance down at my gauges. To each his own I guess. :D

·
Registered
77 Posts
Noticed that too. Got used to looking up for the clock . . . just have to get used to looking down at the speedo. I do like the fact that they added the reading lights as they are much easier than reaching behind and up for the dome lamp.

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
It's a shame you have to chose between the trip meter and the clock, as I use both quite frequently, found it very irritating. Change for change sake, the old position was easy and quick to glance at, clutter free. It's a shame they could not have worked to integrate the clock, new lights and all in a new centre piece up top.

·
MotorCityMadman
3,793 Posts
Paul Mullett said:
It's a shame you have to chose between the trip meter and the clock, as I use both quite frequently, found it very irritating. Change for change sake, the old position was easy and quick to glance at, clutter free. It's a shame they could not have worked to integrate the clock, new lights and all in a new centre piece up top.
I might be misreading this but the clock and trip meter are both there if you push the button on the speedo.

·
MINI Geek
515 Posts
Personally I'd rather have the clock showing all the time than the trip counter. I think it looks tacky with the trip counter showing all the time, and much classier with the clock. Don't get me wrong, I use the trip counter all the time, but it doesn't mean I need to look at the trip counter all the time.

In the end, a nice clock/map light combo would've looked classier than what is up there in the '05s now. The lights are useful, just not very good looking IMO.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.