MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 24 hours to go to make final changes to my Mini Cooper spec.. So far I have only made a couple of minor additions to do with the hi-fi and not really personalised it as much as expected. I have an electric blue Mini C. with white roof. Basically very happy with it as it stands. I am not even sure about upgrading the wheels as my partner is not convinced about 16 or 17 inch wheels for bumpiness reasons.

My questions are to all you mini owners are:

1. what is the one thing you regret not adding to your mini at time of purchase?

2. what do you think I can do at the last minute re. adding an enhancement or two?

Thank you :)

·
BEP Owner
189 Posts
I changed my order about five times before I hit the deadline - one of the "benefits" of a 3.5 month leadtime ... if you've still got time to change it then go for it :)

To be honest I added just about everything to my MINI (except Sat Nav and the DVD stuff) so I don't have any regrets about leaving anything off... Its just my bank balance that is complaining now ;)

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
MFSW is the one thing that I could not live without, well actually most my spec I couldn't live without, but its the one that really holds its value for resale:)

Second choice, heated seats for those cold winter mornings, or long journeys when your back gets a bit stiff, I said BACK!!!:rolleyes:

Luxury item I will have on my next car, Sat Nav that I already have:D

Oh and the next new item I must go for is a single CD headunit, yes even with a CD changer, it gives you the option to be able to change CD's in the car whenever you like, and who has cassette in this day and age:)

·
POP..POPPOP..POP
1,918 Posts
You mean you need a full spec debate in less than 24 hrs :eek:

What's your spec so far?
Budget?
Exactly how long till deadline :confused: you've posted at 11pm, can't see many dealers being open this late tomorrow :p :)

Who needs satnav in a MINI, if you get lost, so what, more driving = more fun :D

I've added almost everthing, heated this, that and t'other, lots of toys and shiney bits too :D

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
tnoy66 said:
Who needs satnav in a MINI, if you get lost, so what, more driving = more fun :D
so you can see the shape and size of on coming corners, thus knowing you can go faster and ignore the sharp bend warning triangles:D

·
MINI Owner!
415 Posts
I wish I would have gotten a sunroof, but eh, no big deal. Things I have that I coulding live without:
MFSW
SS+
Sport Seats
Harmon Kardon Stereo

As for a rough ride, I have SS+ and 16" wheels and honestly have no idea what people talk about when the say it's a rough ride. It's perfect.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I only got fogs (not necessary but the holes were there....pet peeve), a leather steering wheel, and sport seats...that's it (...comes with aircon in the US). Coopers really benefit from keeping things light and I never feel I've missed out anything by not loading it up........period. Quick little car.

That was my approach, but among my MINI-owning buddies there's at least one of every other option...and no arguments from me!!! IMO, though, you could order a totally bare-bones Cooper...no extras....and still enjoy 97% of what we all love about MINIs. The basics will still all be there.

My advise: search your soul (and wallet maybe), get what you want, and don't look back. :cool:

·
Benny the Yellow Cab
347 Posts
The reliability of the tracking utility in OL is questionable to say the least.

My order wasn't shown in OL correctly until the car came out of production.

If you want a reality check call your MA or call 1 888 ASK MINI

Peter..in Denver

·
Registered
105 Posts
Two things I got & could not live without - H/K & 17" S Spokes!

Two things I really regret not getting - MFSW & Chrome Line interior!

Best
- blues

·
Registered
22,101 Posts
bluesmagoos said:
Two things I got & could not live without - H/K & 17" S Spokes!

Two things I really regret not getting - MFSW & Chrome Line interior!

Best
- blues
you can buy all the chrome line interior parts from MINI and fit yourself - it works out cheaper too ;)

as fitted to my car :D

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I didn't know you could get electric folding in of external mirrors - which I definitely would have had.

Also I didn't know that the cloth sports seats don't let you adjust the lumbar support (I bought them for my husband's bad back and they are no good for him as we can't adjustthem as much as we thought we would be able to). So I would go for leather seats to get this next time.

Finally I love my Chrome line interior really sets off the rest of the car interior.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi

If you have money to spend on options then it is always best to spec the options you cannot have retro fitted and can only have at time of ordering.

I have found the visibility pack with the heated windscreen absolutely brilliant this time of year, the auto dimming rear view mirror works well and the rain sensitive wipers really do work, nice touches of luxury which make the car feel more special in day to day ownership. They are all immensely practical as well.

I would also recommend the chrome line interior. It is only £80 and really lifts the interior to a new level. Yes you can fit the chrome bezels afterwards but they will cost you more and look aftermarket!.

You can also save yourself £200+ by not specing the Mini Cd player. You can buy a much better sounding CD player for less than this. You can still fit a better quality CD changer using the built in wiring later.

The favorite option we spec ed is the sunroof. It looks good from the inside, making the interior very light and more interesting. It also works very well on tilt and opens up giving a large roof opening. Worth every penny. We still have manual air con but you cannot beat driving with the sunroof open fully and the wind gently buffeting you, keeping you cool.

Whatever you choose will be good as everyone has their own ideas.

All I would say is that if you want it and decide that you can't quite afford it so don't spec it then you could regret it later when the car is delivered.

Hope this has not confused you to much

Enjoy

Splashed100

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks

For all the advice, especially the person who asked what MFSW was as that was confusing me too! I have added air conditioning, chrome line interior and single CD/changer.

Thanks for all the suggestions .... such enthusiasm!!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts