MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been offered the possibility of intsalling a MCS exhaust on my one and i'd like to know if there is a better alternative to improve my car with an exahust only.

thanks

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
I'm not sure that an MCS exhaust will make any difference at all. At the end of the day, it's still a stock exhaust, albeit from a more powerful model. I could be completely wrong though. I'm not sure that it will fit either. Again, I could be wrong!

In my opinion, something like the PlayMini sports back box with an unsilenced free-flow centre pipe is the way to go. This will most probably give you a few extra horses over stock.

http://www.playmini2.co.uk

·
Deserter Zed
2,204 Posts
i dont think you will gain anything from fitting an S zorst. both playmini and milltek (ooo theres a debate) make fine catbacks, i'd recommend one of those. plus fitting an S system will jus line u up for a hole pile of abuse for being an 'S-a-like'

·
Registered
803 Posts
Best exhausts for the one are:
Playmini
Magnex
Janspeed
Scorpion
Miltek
Out of those I am thinking of getting the Janspeed now after Mini_magiks persausiveness...

·
XYZ
271 Posts
A standard MCS exhaust won't fit your ONE due to the 2 horrible back boxes and even if you could fit it I would actually expect theoretically the back pressure to be greater.

You could go with the option I am since I like the centre exit exhaust and go for a Quicksilver system.

I think if I was going for a single exit system I'd probably go with Milltek or Janspeed.

Anyway, choice is yours. :D

:bone: Pat :bone:

·
Registered
155 Posts
A had a Magnex fiited to my ONE last year and also a new Panel Filter. It Sounds Great with these 2 items on the car and gave me a bit more power to.

Chris

·
Registered
413 Posts
How are dealers responding to after market exhausts? (cat back, not full).

Is there a good sounding exhaust which looks just like stock, tailpipe wise?

Thanks,

-Rob

·
The Hartge Experience
1,032 Posts
Warranty will be void on the exhaust and nothing else. It will not void any other aspects of the car, as its the final part of combustion thus it cannot cause anything else to break.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
robfenn said:
So they don't mind in regards of TLC servicing either? *crosses fingers*
TLC could be void as it is not warranty and so the rules are not bound by the law. In other words, MINI can make the rules. Officially, TLC is void if you make any modification, but it's generally comes down to the discretion of the dealer. This is how I understand it to be anyway.

·
The Hartge Experience
1,032 Posts
TLC IS DEF VOID. Thats the catch. lol. They're very sensitive to this. Or should be. Prob some dealers tho who will let it through!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
9 Participants
robfenn
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing