MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
where can i get a exhaust for my mini one?

Hi newbie here,

i know my girlfriends back end has been going :p on her exhaust so i thought whilst she was away i would replace it...but BMW have quoted £420 for the back end of a mini one exhaust on a 2002 model, is this about right or can i do better ????

·
GABY
27 Posts
Can deffinatly do alot beter than that matey!

The back end of my exhaust was changed last week due to corrosion. I got the back end for £159 and the bloke said for the whole exhaust system £559.

I got it from a local exhaust place so my advise would best to just ring round your local garages and see who will do it for the better price.

BMW do like to rip people off so i wouldnt give them your money lol

Good luck mate!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well thats puts my mind a bit more at ease...i heard that there is more than one model exhaust ?!? i am wondering does mine include the cat ( i say mine as i guess i will be paying for the exhaust :) )

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
Hi newbie here,

i know my girlfriends back end has been going :p on her exhaust so i thought whilst she was away i would replace it...but BMW have quoted £420 for the back end of a mini one exhaust on a 2002 model, is this about right or can i do better ????
You could either have a look round the classifieds or eBay for one that someone has taken off when putting on a performance exhaust, or even get a nice miltak exhaust put on there yourself for less than that;)

Lohen.co.uk - Track & Fast Road Performance for your New Mini - Online Shop

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi, i am after a new exhaust of rmy mini one and not sure which route to go...what do you recommend ( reasonable tips only please :D )

·
MINI One Seven
4,107 Posts
How old is it?

JCW
Milteks are popular - apparently they don't affect performance - some do with backpressure...
PlayMINI

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi
Im currently new to the mini, just started driving my mini one (04) and i want an exhaust... got any ideas? Not willing spend stupid amount

·
PowerSteeringPumpActivist
8,410 Posts
Hi
Im currently new to the mini, just started driving my mini one (04) and i want an exhaust... got any ideas? Not willing spend stupid amount
Miltek is popular
I have a Milltek Special on my MINI ONE (March 2004). It gives a deeper noise at idle, and at very high RPMs has a very nice screaming note to it. It's a tad louder than stock but it's not ostentatious and won't irritate the neighbours if you should leave/arrive home late at night. It's a good quality stainless steel system and I think you'd be pleased with it.

All the best,
Andrew.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts