MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Mini2 saved my life
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For me, moto gp is so much more exciting and skillful than formula 1.

Formula 1 is so boring and monotonous, nothing ever happens!! I spose thing's have fired up a bit since Jensen's been up there, but that's not enough.

Moto gp has the added bonus of the genius Valentino Rossi, full of character and charisma! uhhh!! Michael Schumacher he's more of a machine than his ferrari, I'm sure that guy was welded together!!

Any way I was wondering what you guy's think.

·
Once lost, now found..
204,985 Posts
Totally agree with you 100% on everything youve just written ;)

Ummm.. cant really say anymore as you've said all my points for me :p

MOTO GP is way more exciting IMO. But I still love F1 - its the engineering more than the racing these days though.

·
MINI defector
13,698 Posts
Moto GP is better then Formula 1 to watch but the excitement, politics and technology of Formula 1 is still way ahead of Moto GP.
If you want to watch proper car racing just watch the BTCC. That's door to door very close and most often or not too close racing :D :D :D

·
Once lost, now found..
204,985 Posts
Yeah, I have to admit - for pure excitement/enjoyment factor, Id rather view a smaller category, like the Carrera Cup, or the V8 Supercars. Thats exciting racing! :D

·
Mini2 saved my life
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Youre right about touring cars Martin L. What do you mean by the politics of F1? how does that make it exciting? I just Wanna see a good race!!

·
Mini2 saved my life
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mike Clarke said:
Choosing between those is like trying to decide between watching grass grow or watching paint dry. :D :p
What do you mean by 'those' Mike? What's the racing like in Oz?

·
MINI defector
13,698 Posts
Juslow said:
What do you mean by the politics of F1? how does that make it exciting? I just Wanna see a good race!!
The only thing that keeps me interested in F1 nowadays is what goes on off the track :)
The racing is usually a foregone conclusion so you've got to get your interest somewhere else and it comes from behind the scenes. All these political wranglings over who's going to drive where, driver poaching, sponsor problems, in fighting etc etc makes it all a micro-world of it's own which is all very interesting to watch as an outsider :p :D :D

Oh and I still do admire and get a kick out of watching Ferrari absolutely kick everyone elses butts. It's a real pleasure to watch a team work in what appears to be perfection :)

·
I Just Can't Get Enough
49,320 Posts
bikes will always be more exciting from an overtaking point of view, smaller machines etc ;) but BTCC as MArtin says is sooooooo much fun watching them crashing into each other :p

·
Mini2 saved my life
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah,Martin L I agree with you on some points.

Jensen going to Williams for instance, thats gonna pxxx a few people off!!

·
Mini2 saved my life
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wasn't there talk of Rossi moving to F1, or am I way out?

Don't do it! if it's true.

·
Mini2 saved my life
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
wibbly said:
F1 for technology

BTCC for driving and race thrills

Bikes for excitement -- both GP and Superbikes :D
I think it's the technology that's spoiling the excitement.

·
MINI defector
13,698 Posts
Juslow said:
Wasn't there talk of Rossi moving to F1, or am I way out?

Don't do it! if it's true.
Rossi want's to go into rallying rather then F1. Although he had a great test drive in the Ferrari.

Now WRC is better then both F1 and MotoGP IMHO :D :D :D

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I enjoy just about any type of racing. It is amazing the driver skills and machines there are to enjoy, if you are open to watching anything with a motor and a driver.

F1 is interesting to read about, but not too interesting to watch. I have had very few chances to watch Moto GP, but I may have to look at it a lot closer, now that you all are talking about it.

The racing over on your side of the pond that I enjoy watching is the WRC (at least on TV), since I have not had the opportunity to see it in person. How is the WRC events in person?

The Touring car races look like a lot of fun to watch in person. It kind of looks like NASCAR, with curves and a bit more technology.

How is the John Cooper Challenge races? Since the cars are identical, the skills of the driver come into play. I bet those races can be pretty close too?

Here in the US, I really enjoy going to the World of Outlaw Sprint Car races. Imagine 30 cars that have the wheelbase of an old army jeep, lighter than a Mazda Miata and have a 700-800 hp V8 engine that is similar to what would be found in a NASCAR racer. All 30 cars start 3 wide on a high banked dirt track, that is usually smaller than a 1/2 mile around. Pretty exciting stuff!

·
MINI defector
13,698 Posts
Willy said:
The racing over on your side of the pond that I enjoy watching is the WRC (at least on TV), since I have not had the opportunity to see it in person. How is the WRC events in person?

The Touring car races look like a lot of fun to watch in person. It kind of looks like NASCAR, with curves and a bit more technology.

How is the John Cooper Challenge races? Since the cars are identical, the skills of the driver come into play. I bet those races can be pretty close too?
Hey Bill long time no see :)

WRC is kind of odd to watch in person. Basically its raining, you're standing in the middle of some forest miles away from where your car is parked and every 2 mins or so you get splattered with mud, stones and anything else a rally car throws up as it goes by :rolleyes:
Great fun though :p
I don't know many other forms of motor sport where you get so close to the action.
Can be dangerous if a car goes wayward :(

Touring cars are very similar to NASCAR. You go to watch because you want to see crashers :p

As for JCC series it's close but not that close as the talent of the drivers varies considerably. Not bad to watch though :)
As stated before lower forms of motorsport do tend to be more fun to watch :D :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
7 Participants
Juslow
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing