MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I want to get some lowing springs for my 2003 MINI Cooper. I have been looking at the HandR springs, kw springs, alta springs, ebiach springs, and racing dynamic springs. The HandR are around $240, kw's $200, alta $180, ebiach $250 and racing dynamic $180. I heard a lot of good stuff about HandR and ebiach. I want to lower my MINI enough to get rid of the wheel gap. Which one of these springs will lower the car the most?Are the racing dynamics good? Also some pics of lowered mins would be a plus!!

·
Registered
444 Posts
What's importaint to you here, handling or looks? For handling I would go with H-sport. I am using these and they are 1st rate great. Nice firm ride, but still very comfortable. About a 1" lowering all around. I know, I did'nt think that this would be enough either, but it is and I am glad I didn't go lower.

Below is a crappy photo from today. I'll post a better one tomorrow maybe.
:blblack:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I'm one of the Few that use the Racing Dynamic springs. And yes i would recomend them over the Ebiach and H-Sports. There a bit more comfortable for normal driving than the other two and yet i could Hold better lines in the turns with them as well. But to be fair each of the different cars had different wheel and tire selections which also effects Handeling. Also attached a crappy side view of my car. the second one shows better for the gap in tire and car.. just don mind the Roof light rack. was just playing around with some parts i had lying around.

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm seeing that most of you are happy with Eibachs. I've got 18"s and I'd like to see pics of Minis with 18" and H&R springs and H-Sport springs. Which is stiffer, the H&R or the H-Sport ones?
I've seen the lowering sizes but then we have to take into account the stiffness of them, because if they are softer the car will be lowered later on, won't it?
Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.