MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
SUCKIN DIESEL!!!!
7,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK...out of my depth here:rolleyes:

..but having owned an original PS from the early days....and almost getting Divorced over it!:rolleyes:
..and not having played for some time now!.......
I'm toiling with the idea of buying a new machine!
They all seem competively priced, but what should I buy??

PS2 or Xbox?

Or wait til next year for PS3?:confused:

I really want to get into GTA...if that helps:)

or should I value my marrage and avoid at all cost!:p

·
www.totalmini*****
15,256 Posts
I've got a ps2. But to be honest, I never play computer games anyway. I only use it as a dvd player cos I'm to scroogey to buy a real one :D

·
Registered
126 Posts
which machine really depends on the games you want to play. If you want GTA now then the only choice you really have is the PS2/PStwo.
I personally won't buy an xbox strictly on principle (I just don't like MS), even though there are some games on the xbox that I'd really like to play (Munch's Oddysee & Stranger).
I would suggest making a list (or looking though a list) of games and see for which system(s) they are available. I would not suggest buying strictly based on the specifications of the system (HD/CPU/Mem/etc.).

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
PS2, and I would get the old shape one, nice opening for the disks:D

but like Buttons, I hardly play games on mine, I don't seem to get time to, but if you got one, and then set it up online sure we could both paly our way into being single:D:D:D

·
///M Power
5,066 Posts
Just bought one of the new slim PS2's for the office and it really is tiny... very cool :cool: :cool: I've also got an xbox for home use but mainly for burnout 3 and Project Gotham Racing 2... both excellent games :)... PGR2 is excellent online too.. MCS Racing around Sydney and Edinburgh :cool: :cool: :cool:

I don't like MS... but xbox is actually quite good.... unlike most of it's other stuff :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ..... btw I'm typing this on an Apple ibook :p :p :p

·
Registered
126 Posts
a PS2 for the office?
man, my work is relaxed, but not *that* relaxed.

If you're looking for a random fun game for the PS2 I would suggest picking up a copy of Katamari Damacy. Weird little japanese game that you push around this ball rolling over stuff and building the ball bigger to roll over even more stuff. It might not sound all that fun from my description, but it really is a fun game (only $20 too).

·
almost 59k
5,117 Posts
OneD..

PS2 is getting pretty dated now, OK Grand Turismo 4 is on the cards, yes it looks great, but theres a raft of other car games on the xbox. Ive personally always stayed with the Playstation range, been loyal since the original PS1 came out. Ive not been tempted to the darkside (xbox) as the majority of the games i would in theory play on the xbox i play on the PC.

Yes it does depend on what games you play, ive always looked at the games first then chose the console.

·
///M Power
5,066 Posts
CmdrVimes said:
a PS2 for the office?
man, my work is relaxed, but not *that* relaxed.

If you're looking for a random fun game for the PS2 I would suggest picking up a copy of Katamari Damacy. Weird little japanese game that you push around this ball rolling over stuff and building the ball bigger to roll over even more stuff. It might not sound all that fun from my description, but it really is a fun game (only $20 too).
Aye... they are keen for anything to keep up team moral... they even paid for it :D ....great with the digital projector :)

·
SUCKIN DIESEL!!!!
7,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
scooperman_uk said:
OneD..

PS2 is getting pretty dated now, OK Grand Turismo 4 is on the cards, yes it looks great, but theres a raft of other car games on the xbox. Ive personally always stayed with the Playstation range, been loyal since the original PS1 came out. Ive not been tempted to the darkside (xbox) as the majority of the games i would in theory play on the xbox i play on the PC.

Yes it does depend on what games you play, ive always looked at the games first then chose the console.
I've always liked the PS and was gonna buy a 2 after they came out, but new house and loads of work to do put an end to that! :rolleyes: I'm just thinking now is it a bit of a waste to buy one now, cos the romours are that the PS3 is comming in Spring/Summer?

·
SUCKIN DIESEL!!!!
7,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
??? is this the personal one?? :eek:

can it be linked to the telly / use all the same games??:eek: :p

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
not sure about linking to Telly, but it fits in your pocket take everywhere so even when Chelle kicks you out you can use it:D

·
SUCKIN DIESEL!!!!
7,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
:eek: :rolleyes: so whats the story?.....you download your ps2 games to it??

BTW using PS2 as a DVD........can it play Pirates???....can it play Div X
cos I've gotta by a player for this job anyway.....and it might strenghen the case for a ps2 if it will play all this stuff! ;)

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
PS2 plays most copied DVD's, but like a lot of DVD players it has low memory so sometimes skips and misses copys. Its sound as a pound or Euro for you with genuine DVD's;)

As for regions, well you can buy a disk that allows you to swap regions when DVD's have these on;)

PSP, don't think you down load, there is a new media format for them, like a tiny disk thing, not read that much about it so will shut up as I am probably totally wrong. Know its WiFi or Blue Tooth for linking up to others and play head to head:)

·
almost 59k
5,117 Posts
the only disadvantage of using the region free disk is that it cancels out the data loaded onto a memory card for the remote control. I found it was one or the other, so i ended up out of laziness using the remote and taking back the region free disk.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts