MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From the variuos things I've seen, it looks like the US might get the "S" first, or is that just my wishful thinking? Also, I've heard "end of May" for customer specced cars, but that seems impossible since there's a 12 week build time (right?) and that would mean that we'd be speccing our cars in about two weeks. Should I be getting a call that soon (#1 on the list in Baltimore, MD)

·
Registered
448 Posts
It certainly looks like the US will have the first dealer demo cars - they're already *mostly* there, whereas our UK dealer cars don't arrive until May.

As for customer cars, the US *might* be slightly ahead. Although as far as I know no-one stateside has filled in a build-sheet yet. Here in the UK we're hoping to do that sometime around late Feb, early March for delivery June onwards. The US cars have a couple of extra weeks travel built into their delivery times, but I'd guess that if we al fill in the sheets at the same sort of time, we'll all get the cars about the same time too. But I'm only guessing. Dealer's gone back to treating me like a mushroom after a flurry of info in mid-Jan.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Ken, at Sterling, I'm STILL being told I'll be speccing my car at the end of this month for an APRIL delivery. After a source talking to MINI Marketing, they said to expect April as well.
I'm not saying it's going to happen until I have my car. But that's what I'm being told even as of today.

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Garfield said:
Ken, at Sterling, I'm STILL being told I'll be speccing my car at the end of this month for an APRIL delivery. After a source talking to MINI Marketing, they said to expect April as well.
I'm not saying it's going to happen until I have my car. But that's what I'm being told even as of today.

I'd LOVE to believe that, but our British friends have said there's a 12 week time between an order and a delivery...without having to worry about the car going across "the pond". So...a late February order seems to mean a US delivery of at least late May. Dontcha think?

·
Registered
785 Posts
I'm being told "approximately 45 days for build and delivery".
To be honest, 12 weeks certainly makes more sense for a specced car, that's how my Audi was, that's how Porsche is as well.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Garfield said:
Is this for a Cooper or a Cooper S?

For what it's worth, I'm hearing late March/early April for Coopers and late May for the Cooper S, however we (in Richmond) are getting a demo Cooper S around the 18th of March.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Garfield said:
I'm being told "approximately 45 days for build and delivery".
To be honest, 12 weeks certainly makes more sense for a specced car, that's how my Audi was, that's how Porsche is as well.
Interesting. Honda is about 60 days (or 2 months).

·
BarWeetGarNarWeetNinnyBon
2,598 Posts
UK...

Yeah the dealer said they U.K are definitely getting theirs first. They're already have them, but ain't released for test drives yet.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Amigos my dealer rep told me that the southeastern states will be getting the minis first the "S" will arrive 45 after the launch in March 22, 2002. Thats what my rep told me. Good luck amigos cant wait I HAVE NIGHT MARES hahahaha:cool:

·
Sham's apprentice
721 Posts
Garfield said:
Garfield,
I finally stopped by the dealership yesterday. It's quite nice. Crystal told me then that she could not say at this point when they will begin specifying S'. They will however have all kinds of Coopers on the lot in late March.

Jon

·
puckstopper
4,260 Posts
In another thread in the General Discussion section, Drakken posted some small pics of the lot in NJ where they have been unloading MINIs. He offered more (and larger) pics in a zip to those who wanted them. In those pics, with a whole lot of squinting, I was able to count at least 38 Cooper Ss, all in EB or DS. So U.S. dealers should be getting demos cars along with the first batch of Coopers...

-Ricardo

1 - 14 of 14 Posts