MINI Cooper Forum banner

Which One Of These Would You Like To See First In The Future From Mini ?

• Cooper Cabrio

Votes: 33 45.2%
  • Cooper X ( AWD )

Votes: 36 49.3%
  • Cooper Jeep ( 4 X 4 )

Votes: 4 5.5%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
I wrote about a "MINI ZERO" on an earlier thread. This car would have an engine that would run on lower-octane petrol (or even diesel) instead of premium; it wouldn't have the multi-link suspension in the rear, for more space; it would be four or five inches narrower, and have a smaller turning circle (30 ft instead of 35) for more flexibility at intersections, car parks, etc; and its waist line (ie the line separating the windows from the body panels) would run parallel to the ground and the roof line.

In other words, something more like the classic Mini.

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
mini philly said:
How about not just an M power version, but one powered by a 200 BHP 4 cylinder BMW engine in place of the Chrysler unit?
I would image the MPower derivative to have a BMW engine in it. Be interesting to see how they get it to fit, as BMW couldn't......:rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Clutch Cargo said:

In other words, something more like the classic Mini.
Wonder what rover did with all the presses.........You can buy new Midgets now with Heritage bodyshells and K-Series Engines, is anyone still making the mini in it's, how can i put it...."native" form ?

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
Basil said:

Wonder what rover did with all the presses.........You can buy new Midgets now with Heritage bodyshells and K-Series Engines, is anyone still making the mini in it's, how can i put it...."native" form ?
There was talk several years ago when the classic Mini went out of production of British Motor Heritage (who was making the old MGB, Midget, TR6, Mini, etc. bodyshells) might consider making a production line of the 'new' old classic Minis to order, but I think that got messed up when BMW sold MG/Rover, Ford bought Land Rover, etc. Still, if you really wanted a brand new 'old' Mini, it would be easy enough to obtain all the parts needed together, put them in a pile, and assemble one yourself. However, the cost of all the parts themselves will far exceed the value of the car.

·
MINI2 Freak
122 Posts
MINI Williams?

Well I am just sat watching the qualifying for the grand prix tomorrow and noticed that the Williams team is now BMW Williams (being blonde is the only excuse I have fot not noticing it earlier!) so how about BMW doing a MINI williams?? fiddle a bit withthe engine but not go mad and give it some major styling mods to make it really stand out?? Not gold wheels though!

Jon

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
Re: MINI Williams?

J3T said:
Well I am just sat watching the qualifying for the grand prix tomorrow and noticed that the Williams team is now BMW Williams (being blonde is the only excuse I have fot not noticing it earlier!) so how about BMW doing a MINI williams?? ....
Well, there already is that tie-in with the other nostalgic F1 constructor champion. A certain name starting with a "C"? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Re: Re: MINI Williams?

BruceK said:

Well, there already is that tie-in with the other nostalgic F1 constructor champion. A certain name starting with a "C"? :rolleyes:
Wouldn't that be good to see...........:)

·
Registered
124 Posts
Countryman

In my youth I drove a classic Mini Countryman, the estate with the real wood panels. What a useful little car it was - small but with plenty of luggage room, and bags of character (well, it looked like the child of a yellow Mini and a potting shed)

Best moment - when I was going up a steep hill with my Morris Minor engine in the back, and the weight of the engine forced the back doors open as it fell out on the tarmac.

I would be first in the queue for a new version.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts