MINI Cooper Forum banner

Cost not considered..which seats would you order?

• Leather

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • Leatherette (vinyl)

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Cloth

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • 1/2 cloth/1/2 leather (lucky European)

Votes: 18 35.3%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure right now, I was certain I was going to get leather, but I'm worried about sliding around since early reviews of the sport seats don't have them rating too highly when it comes to bun hugging! I'd like to have the half leather / half cloth, but for some dumbass reason that won't be offfered in the US. I'm starting to consider cloth. If cost was not a consideration, what would you order?

·
Registered
679 Posts
Definitely leather - so easy to keep clean and comfortable. I don't see how you would slide around in shaped sports seats.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Sliding around is something that only VERY spirited drivers will experience. I consider myself one of those. BUT, if I wasn't racing, I would still get the Leatherette. I've been told by a MINI USA source that the Leatherette is very close to Leather (nice feel). I could not bring myself to spend that kind of money on the leather for this particular car.
Cloth for me.

·
Registered
92 Posts
For what its worth, I found the sports seats very uncomfortable because of the design of the lumbar support, and opted for cloth/leather standard seats - they are comfortable, look good in red cloth/black leather, and you don't slide about as with the standard full leather jobs.

As sports seats are part of the Chili options package in the UK, the swap ended up costing me an extra £140 - well worth it if your US dealer will let you do a special order. Worth noting that in the UK the standard seats will not even be an option on the S - if you want to go a bit faster, you will have to suffer.

·
Registered
930 Posts
I'm going with the sport seats ($$ if I buy a Cooper instead of Cooper S) and no-cost cloth option. Leather is very nice, but not for a daily driver.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I put down the Leatherette for my spec, but I am hoping to see what the cloth seats look like as sports seats. If it were possible to get the cloth/leather, I would, just like my old 944:D

·
Registered
301 Posts
Leatherette -- I have a dog or three and vinyl is easy to clean off mud. C'mon guys, this car isn't only for racing. It's for reguar driving as well. Besides, I think the cost of leather much to dear.
DeniseK:)

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Heard a rumor so ask this question after the sales guys get back from their US training.

·
Registered
187 Posts
anyone know if the rear leather seats are all "puckery" ?
the photos seem to suggest they are...

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
GoMiniGo said:
Heard a rumor so ask this question after the sales guys get back from their US training.
GoMiniGo..what a coincidence...just sold my 1970 GT6+ to collect more cash for my Cooper "S". No thanks...if I wanted oil leaks and electrical problems I'd buy a Mini..not a MINI (at least I hope the problems are worked out now).

·
Registered
299 Posts
Amigos I had the peasure to sit in a New Mini:D and my wife sat in the back , she said it felt very comfortable the leatther seats the car had;) Then again its MY CAR :p I sat on the front driver seat and i liked the feel but I am not a fan of leather either. It haoppened in Ferman BMW in Palm Harbor Florida at the F.L.A.M.E. Mini meet. The car is so sweet I am considering in ordering it now but I am going thru a divorce and I dont want her to get it !!;) See you guys later!!:cool:

·
Registered
448 Posts
kshapiro said:

GoMiniGo..what a coincidence...just sold my 1970 GT6+ to collect more cash for my Cooper "S". No thanks...if I wanted oil leaks and electrical problems I'd buy a Mini..not a MINI (at least I hope the problems are worked out now).
Oy! My car resembles that remark!

Still, at least the Mini's great fun to drive. I'll shed a small tear when it goes this summer. Then I'll look forward to not having to put an extra cup of oil in the engine every sodding morning, and I won't feel so bad ...

Oh, to have a pair of working foglamps :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
I'll stick with the standard Half Leather/Cloth Sports seats that come as standard on the oz bound S. Panther black all round. Even Full leather sports seats will be too slippery for the G forces. If the seat area was in suede then no problem (like a 206 GTI), but it isn't, so MINI miss out on $1390AU !!

:)

·
Registered
106 Posts
I want to get the lapis blue/black leather seats for a while and as I upgrade the car and after I get a turbo i'll just put in some recaro racing seats and wrap them in the same lapis blue/black combi.

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
Twiggy said:
I want to get the lapis blue/black leather seats for a while and as I upgrade the car and after I get a turbo i'll just put in some recaro racing seats and wrap them in the same lapis blue/black combi.
Why not get cloth seats and apply the $1250 for leather to the cost of custom upholstered Recaros.

As for wanting to replace the supercharger with a turbo, I can only refer to your signature line:

"Common sense is the most uncommon thing in the world." ;)

Hopefully, the Works kit for the 'S' will make it to the US.

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
DeniseK said:
I know this may seem somewhat sad, but I haven't a clue to what Recaros are about. What are they?
DeniseK:confused:
Recaros are high-quality aftermarket sport seats. Recaro is arguably the premier maker of vehicle seats (high performance street cars, full race cars, trucks, buses, boats, etc.) and is the OEM supplier to Porsche among others. :)

http://www.recaro-nao.com/

1 - 20 of 27 Posts