MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
///M Power
5,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi… I’m due to pick my new MCS up in a months time and I’m trying to finalise the wheel choice. I’ve narrowed it down to 2, but want to get some feedback from my fellow mini2er’s :) .

It’s between the 17” bolted cross R90 wheels or the JCW 18” R95 wheels…

Both are going to cost effectively the same money and tyres are similar price for both.. so it’s going to come down to looks… I know that ride quality also plays a part, but from my research there isn’t much between them.

My initial thoughts were to get the JCW wheels as I’m getting the JCW seats and full aerokit and planning the JCW upgrade at a later date….. but I also really like the R90, though they look quire small with being a split rim….. :confused:

I need some help :confused: :confused: … please

Attachments

·
Riding on JCW power!
367 Posts
the R90's get my vote...........look fantastic and very sophiscated, not too many about either........

JCW wheels are ok but IMO look a bit bling bling!

·
MINI2 co-founder
653 Posts
Instead of the R90s just get some BBS forged wheels - like the RGRs - they look just as good or better in my opinion and weigh a TON less...the MINI upgrade wheels are neat looking but are bricks...if your going to spend that sort of dosh on some wheels get wheels that both LOOK good (as that is very important) and are LIGHT.

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
Wow what a tough choice... although I think at that price I'd do what someone else has suggested and go aftermarket and reduce weight ;)

If I were to have to make the choice I would probably go with the JCW's as they are that inch bigger, offer a bit more bling and if you have the seats and are going for the Works conversion at a later stage then it all keeps it nicely in the family:D

But I got to say Aidens car does make a tough case for the R90's :D

Good luck and enjoy whatever you decide :p

·
///M Power
5,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cheers for the comments.... I know that I could probably get some lighter wheels if I went for aftermarket, although I really like having official wheels for some reason.... strange I know :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Current thinking is the JCW and then to try and pick up a set of the 16" x lites at some point in white and to use them as an alternative winter wheel... or just for a change... that way at least there is a bit of difference in the size.

The R90 are really nice.... helped by visions of the itialian job mini's..... but i keep coming back to the JCW for some reason... :confused: :confused: :confused:

I'll post some pics when the car arrives at the beginning of September and let you judge the outcome.

Cheers again :)

·
DrJ
170 Posts
stay with the stock 16 X-lights. Lightest of the lot (I think)

·
///M Power
5,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
DrJ said:
stay with the stock 16 X-lights. Lightest of the lot (I think)

My car will be coming with a set of S-Lites (standard with the Chili Pack). My plan is to trade my S-Lites with the dealer for the new rims... He's giving me about £750 for them which seems about right. Hopefully I'll be able to get a set of X-Lites for arounf £500 with tyres at some point... just to have :D

Cheers for all the comments..... Looks like the R90's are very popular around here :)

·
DrJ
170 Posts
Best of both worlds.
Even though I am a firm believer in a Mini riding on 16's those R90's do look like the dogs kahoonas :)

·
Riding on JCW power!
367 Posts
CooperID said:
Hi… I’m due to pick my new MCS up in a months time and I’m trying to finalise the wheel choice. I’ve narrowed it down to 2, but want to get some feedback from my fellow mini2er’s :) .

It’s between the 17” bolted cross R90 wheels or the JCW 18” R95 wheels…

Both are going to cost effectively the same money and tyres are similar price for both.. so it’s going to come down to looks… I know that ride quality also plays a part, but from my research there isn’t much between them.

My initial thoughts were to get the JCW wheels as I’m getting the JCW seats and full aerokit and planning the JCW upgrade at a later date….. but I also really like the R90, though they look quire small with being a split rim….. :confused:

I need some help :confused: :confused: … please

Cooper ID, I would be interested in purchasing your 16" x-lites from you, if you decide to fit the new wheels, have you ordered the chilli pack or not?

thanks

I will PM you

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
About this Discussion
45 Replies
23 Participants
Hugo
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing