MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
MINI2 Irregular
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iv decided to paint my alloys white. Been quoted £75 per wheel (£300). Thats too take off the tyres, valves and weights, sanded, painted and baked. And put the tyres etc back on.

Does this seem like a resonable price? I originally thought £50 per wheel would be the going rate.

Has anyone else done a similar thing? What did you pay? :eb:

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Sounds a little expensive.
Refurb rates vary. But really the job you want doing is no different to a traditional refurb.
£50 per wheel is going rate. But discounts for having all 4 done maybe possible. Only thing I would say is most places have a choice of silver paints (many) and few choices of white. So make sure you are happy with the colour choice ;)

·
The Red Fox
4,979 Posts
Glad to see there are people out there who are brave enough to have white wheels on their car! I get told I'm a fool with having white wheels coz of all the muck that builds up on them and makes them look really dirty...

But go for it...at whatever price!

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
I personally think white wheels look better, with the right combo ofcourse :)
The white wheels get dirty very easily but then only look silver anyway. So why get silver when you can have white and silver? :p

·
nurburgring here we come
715 Posts
sound very very expensive to me..
i had some done £25 per wheel

the wheels should be chemically paint stripped,then san blasted, then re-powder coated in your chosen colour..

·
Benny the Yellow Cab
347 Posts
From what's being said here it sounds to me like the wheels are being painted. I would have thought that powder coat would be the way to go.

Peter..in Denver

1 - 8 of 8 Posts