MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Mini Lover
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my windows tinted 2 days ago now, but on the rear windows I notice they is like a 4/5mm ish line that goes all the way around the window, (both back windows and rear) it looks whitey/silver.

To try and explain it, if you look at your rear windows, around the edges you will see like a dotty surface, its basically all the way around on this surface (the white line)

The company who tinted my windows did say I might have a glue film form around the edges of the rear windows, but it should go away after a few hours, 2 days on its still there and does not seem to be getting better.

Is this normal for the rear windows of the mini? when can I expect this edge of the film with all this glue to settle?

Hes done a cracking job all the way around, and I have came on here first as I dont want ring him and sound like a numpty. lol

Cheers guys :)

·
Rocking the F57
17,719 Posts
That's normal..... if you look a MINI without tinted windows, there is a dark area all the way around the window, then the dotted area, then clear glass.

Window tinters can't tint over this dotted area, so this will remain, and you will have a 5mm gap all the way around your tints.

The only option to avoid this is to spec factory darkened rear glass.

·
Mini Lover
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ooooo I never knew that, I dont think it looks that bad so can live with it, at least I know its not a fault as such.

Cheers for your fast reply dude :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts