MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now I know your going to say it is my choice and final decision will be down to myself which is true but im the kind of person that listens to people that have an interest in minis and knows what looks good! Now I really want some alloys and I was set on getting white 17"s (style not decided) but recently ive been thinking about maybe black. Before all i could think of was getting white wheels to go with my white roof but im thinking black looks really nice too! Have uploaded the only pic I found of a red one with black wheels! Anyone got some pics of a red mini with white roof that has black alloys? The other pic is my car so tell me what you think, white or black suit it more?

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
The black wheels look a lot larger in profile than the silver, which is probably due to the way that it visibly blends in with the arches.

I'd choose the black

·
R56 Cooper S
24 Posts
The black wheels look a lot larger in profile than the silver, which is probably due to the way that it visibly blends in with the arches.

I'd choose the black
That'd also be because the wheels are bigger in the picture provided! Picture one is a Cooper S and picture two is a Mini One. I'm thinking that the alloy/wheel sizes are 17/18" to 15 inches respectively!

Also, I've seen some actual *white* alloys out there, whereas the ones on the Mini One picture are Silver. Did you mean white or silver? :)

Nonetheless, I'd say that black alloys are a little boy racerish in my opinion. White alloys are even worse. Black alloys can work on some Mini's (if they've got the character and other features to pull it off) but my hierarchy would have to be:

1) Silver Alloys
2) Black
3) White

Obviously, the bigger the better too! 18" > 17" and so on...

Enjoy your new alloys!

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
I think there's only a few cars and a few wheels I've seen when they're black rims that look good. Otherwise they look a bit "black hole" or even like old black steel rims with the covers fallen off when you only have a glancing look. Sometimes though I think it can look really nice! Personal preference though.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was talking about white I just put a pic of my car up so you could see it and see what may suit it. It just has the standard silver wheels on it, is a cooper! I agree with 'andyjt' about giving it a meaner look thats what i think im being persuaded by!! I was so set on white wheels but im wondering now to have black because ts not as common either!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ooo ive just looked on your profile they look very very nice, what size and what is the name of the wheel please?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have gone for anthracite or 'gun metal' rims - i couldnt decided between black or silver so went in between :D....pictures dont do it justice - looks amazing in the flesh...excuse the pic as it was taken by my camera phone!!

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
I was in the same situation, i think the problem with the mini is the black arches. Mine was the same colour combination as yours, i thought if i went for white i'd have 3 colours (black arches, red car, white roof/wheels) and it would look abit too much. Eventually i went for the same black wheels as the cooper-s shown and had my roof done black too!
However not long after getting all that done i did see another red mini in work that was red/white with white s-spoke wheels and it actually didnt look too bad (it was lowered too which definately helped).
If i was in your situation i'd probably go for the white wheels providing they are suitable style for the car.

·
Crazy Canuck
107 Posts
I would also go with black, especially with a black roof. Makes the car look like a mean little SOB. I'm actually tinkering with the idea of getting my white roof pianted balck and getting the alloys painted to match. Either that or getting them painted the same colour as the car (Dark Silver).

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ah its a bloody hard decision! I think im swaying towards darker wheels though. Not sure if I could afford the roof but would anyone have an idea of cost? Guessing this would be something I would have to hand over to the garage!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for putting that pic up for me that helps!! Your car looks really nice I think!!! Quite liking these wheels....

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah I looked at these, they had some going on ebay but I wasnt sure because I think I would prefer all black!

·
Registered
628 Posts
I've white Team Dynamics on a DarK Silver/Black roof and all I get is compliments on how good they look after I changed from grey S spokes. Black always look very plain to me and white goes with your roof.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts