MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
thewhitestuff
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just washed the car and took some more pictures of the mini and thought I'd make a thread with pictures as I haven't posted pictures of my car on here yet and everyone else seems to have done, so here goes. This is my 03 Mini One with recent blacked out belt line mod ;) Stay tuned for more pics.

Future Exterior Mods:
- Cooper S Front Bumper;
- Cooper S Side Skirts;
- Original Slated Front Grilles - De-chromed;
- De-chromed Headlight Rings;
- Door Handles - De-chromed (maybe);
- 17" Wheels
- Colour-coded Arches and Trim.

Attachments

·
Registered
415 Posts
Think the black belt line looks :cool:
If it were me, then I'd keep the chrome on the headlights and door handles.
And go chrome for all of the front grill.
Cooper S sideskirts are a given (it's a cheap/easy mod and looks the biz!)
I've got 16"s on my ONE with 205/50s (non-runflats) and the difference in ride quality/handling was immediate over the run-flats they replaced.
17"s look pretty good granted, but 16"s do it for me.
I could be wrong but I think that BMW decided after extensive testing during the design phase of the MINI that 16"s were the optimum size (all things considered).
With an all black car then colour coding the plastics is probably the route to go.
I like the look of my Chilli Red ONE with black plastics but (as always) each to their own! :)

·
thewhitestuff
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Widgey, what 16's do you have? would you be able to post some pictures of the wheels from side view and rear view from back of the car to see the width, I'm thinking about 16's with that tyre combo too, cheers.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Looks nice & clean. I'm liking the black colour coding too.
But black is an absolute pig to keep clean - my Leon is black & I had a black Fabia vRS prior to that!!

·
Registered
195 Posts
sweeeet!! i like the aero grill, i think all chrome grill might be too much??
I mean best things to get like you've said would really be the full aerokit (bit pricey i know but they look amazing) n then get urself some small black alloys n drop it 30mm! :D ur idea of the spraying the bullets anthracite is good but surely black on black would b better?????

·
thewhitestuff
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No I wasn't saying about using the standard slated chrome grille. The original grille which came with the car has body coloured slats but chrome 'mustaches'. I was just thinking about de-chroming the mustaches as I've seen this done on a show car Cooper S and it looks sweet. About the alloys, yeah I was thinking black but I just think it will look too chavvy, I reckon anthracite would look the balls.

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
Anthracite is the way to go.

I had Platinum Grey TT alloys on my black Fabia vRS & it looked mint.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Hey Widgey, what 16's do you have? would you be able to post some pictures of the wheels from side view and rear view from back of the car to see the width, I'm thinking about 16's with that tyre combo too, cheers.
I'll try and get some photos posted for you by the weekend but I'm well busy with work at the moment so please be patient:smile:
I have R83 5 stars (AKA Daytona) on my ONE with 205/50 Falken FK-452s.
Well impressed with the tyres I have to say.
All round grip is so much beter than the Goodyear Run-Flats 195/55 I had previously and the car's handling has improved dramatically.

·
thewhitestuff
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah Widgey those are the 16's I'm still contemplating on getting - sprayed anthracite of course I think they look really good, and with that tyre combo might be a winner :cool:

·
thewhitestuff
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
--- Update ---

Fitted some tinted/lacquered Ultra Projector rear lamps a few days ago and took some pictures today. I also removed the Belt line blackout mod as the tape was starting to peel :( I was never really too keen on putting electrical tape on my car in the first place anyway, but can't decide whether it looks better with it or without it now lol...

Attachments

·
Registered
195 Posts
i thought u had actually got it blacked out, like painted style!!! well i reckon it still looks great without the black line but when u get the new wheels blacking it will definately make it look better!!! like the new lights, back of the car looks really complete..........

·
Chilli
2,499 Posts
your MINI looks lovely, what ild do is change the rear number plate to a fresher one, get it polished up even more, clay it etc, have it colour coded , aero kit front bumper/sideskirts and have the exhaust straightned up (same one as mine, very cool) but most of all it needs bigger wheels!

·
thewhitestuff
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thought I'd make a couple of videos today to show the sound of the playmini exhaust and induction kit (mostly exhaust). I've uploaded them onto YouTube and on here just for a show off and to show those who are looking into buying an exhaust for their Mini One/Cooper the sexy sound these exhausts make. Cheers! :bone:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts