MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm apparently booked for transport on the Liberty on Nov 5th. Anyone else scheduled for this ride? Just wondering who my baby was gonna be travelling with... :cool: :D

·
Motoring At Last!
49 Posts
I'm wait listed. (Damn - don't even know which smiley to use!)

This? :(

or this? :mad:

or this? :confused:

Good luck - here's hopin' we're shipmates!

·
What's this button do?
568 Posts
2phun said:
I'm apparently booked for transport on the Liberty on Nov 5th. Anyone else scheduled for this ride? Just wondering who my baby was gonna be travelling with... :cool: :D
As of this afternoon, WW says the Liberty has sailed and that our car is on it :D
The list I saw had 521 or so cars, with many of them waitlisted, but some of those folks have said they shipped on the Otello.
Anyway, looking for smooth sailing...
-Eric

·
Motoring At Last!
49 Posts
twouptons said:
As of this afternoon, WW says the Liberty has sailed and that our car is on it :D
The list I saw had 521 or so cars, with many of them waitlisted, but some of those folks have said they shipped on the Otello.
Anyway, looking for smooth sailing...
-Eric
Ahoy, there, matey! Looks like we're on the same boat!

Yo-ho, yo-ho, a pirate's life for me!

Keep yer weather eye out for a BRG MCS with a white roof and bonnet stripes, Premium and Sport packs, Chrono pack, a Silver interior with Space Grey cloth seats, and White S-Lites. Her name's Waltzing Matilda, but you can call her "Tillie." :green:

And let me warn you - she may be cute, but she bites!

If you aren't already aware of it, here's a cool link:

Liberty ship position

I'm not certain that's our ship, but I think it is. It looks like on her last voyage eastward across the Atlantic, she was pretty regular about reporting weather conditions. As of this posting, she hasn't reported in yet (the most recent one is still 10/30), but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I'm picking Tillie up in Cleveland. How 'bout you?

Haven't heard from 2phun. Yo, 2phun - you on the water yet?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ahoy Shipmates!

As of yesterday, WW has me as "loaded" (which sounds like a good thing!) but haven't seen any updates since then. Assuming my baby didn't get nervous and hop back off to wait for the next boat. I've been checking the sailwx site, but like you said it isn't showing anything after Oct 30. I had another site a few days ago where ships logged other ships they have encountered, but I can't seem to find that one again.

Twouptons, what is the link to the site where you were able to see how many cars, etc, were on the boat? I need to be better about setting favorites!

Not that I'm addicted to checking or anything! I don't need the fix. I could stop any time I want! ... I just don't want to. *twitch, twitch*

Lombardstreet, good to know you already know a little about Tillie and her personality. No name for mine yet. I don't even know yet if my baby is a boy or girl! Time will tell. It's DS :dark: MCSC w/ bonnet stripes, premium and sports pack, bullets, and ext chrome. Getting custom leather when it arrives, and a couple other goodies as a homecoming present. I'll be picking em up in Orlando @ Downtown Mini.

Okay time to do what any good expectant parent would do and get off the computer and go clean out the baby's new crib. Got a pressure washer to put to the garage!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2004-Nov-06 1800 N 48°18' W 8°48'

I'm really not an addict!

·
Motoring At Last!
49 Posts
2phun said:
2004-Nov-06 1800 N 48°18' W 8°48'

I'm really not an addict!
Me neither! *twitch twitch*

http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/shipposition.phtml?call=WRYX said:
Last reported at 2004-Nov-07 0000 UTC: position N 47°30', W 11°06'

Wind from 050 at 20 knots
Hot damn - we got us a 20 knot tail wind!!!

·
Motoring At Last!
49 Posts
2phun said:
Lombardstreet, good to know you already know a little about Tillie and her personality. No name for mine yet. I don't even know yet if my baby is a boy or girl! Time will tell.
Not sure I want to reveal this much about my personality (or is it "personality disorder"?) in a public forum, but, oh well...

I've been having dreams about owning a MINI Cooper S for almost a year now. Not "fantasizing about..." but literally having dreams about the car. Finally I gave in and test drove one. Placed an order two days later. And a few nights after that, I had a dream that I was driving my new baby down a twisty road, and singing, "Waltzing Matilda, Waltzing Matilda, You'll come a-waltzing, Matilda, with me..." as we swayed back and forth. Woke up and thought to myself, "What a great name for a car!"

Take your time. When the right name appears, you'll know it! (Or it may never appear. My poor Dodge Caravan has been nameless for the last 4 years! Nice car, but no much personality. Never insinuated itself into my dreamlife.)

2phun said:
Okay time to do what any good expectant parent would do and get off the computer and go clean out the baby's new crib. Got a pressure washer to put to the garage!
My wife and I were going to do that today, too, but our daughter's water polo tournament ran a couple of hours over, and then there was the team party, etc., etc. It was starting to get dark by the time we got home. God, I miss Daylight Savings Time!

By the way - have you seen our ship? Here's a link:

·
MotorCityMadman
3,793 Posts
Yeah! I'm on the Liberty too! So here's a HOORAH! to all my shipmates!

And very bizarre, my grandmother's name was Mathilda and I name a lot of things "Tillie." Now I have a shipmate who is naming his MINI Tillie.

Coincidence?

I think not.

;)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Man, the Liberty is really clippin! I think I am going to have my students track this for extra credit. This is fun!

And welcome abord Coop76!

·
What's this button do?
568 Posts
2phun said:
Man, the Liberty is really clippin! I think I am going to have my students track this for extra credit. This is fun!

And welcome abord Coop76!
Looks like Liberty is running late...
Even though the Port of Charleston shows an arrival of the 13th, the WW site has always shown the 15th. As of 3pm EST today, it shows the 16th. Dangit.
Though I'm still hoping for a Thanksgiving delivery.
There are now 207 MINIs booked on GBSOU275680 that made it on the boat.
If you want to see if yours is one, use the "printer-friendly" option on the WW booking page. It will display all 207 cars, not just 10 at a time.

-Eric

·
Motoring At Last!
49 Posts
twouptons said:
Looks like Liberty is running late...
Even though the Port of Charleston shows an arrival of the 13th, the WW site has always shown the 15th. As of 3pm EST today, it shows the 16th. Dangit.
Though I'm still hoping for a Thanksgiving delivery.

-Eric
For Charleston, are you using this link? As of 07:00 PST on 11Nov, Liberty's EDA is the 13th again. Might have been a temporary glitch?

·
What's this button do?
568 Posts
LombardStreet said:
For Charleston, are you using this link? As of 07:00 PST on 11Nov, Liberty's EDA is the 13th again. Might have been a temporary glitch?
That's the Charleston link, but when I look at the WW site here:
http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppSchedules/voyageSearch.do
and type in EB429-LIB as the voyage number, I get the 16th where it used to read 15th.
Late last month I brought up a schedule from WW that showed Liberty arriving the 13th, so I don't know if the port has bad data or if the Liberty is going to "pour on steam" to make Charleston by the 13th. Since they're stopping at Brunswick first, I suspect the WW dates are correct.

The Resolve is currently showing a 15 Nov. arrival. That will probably mean delays for those of us on the slower boat, and that may be why Liberty has put off the arrival to the 16th (if the Resolve is in its berth).

-Eric

·
MCS Delivered
147 Posts
My car is also aboard the Liberty. Sure hope we make it on the 13th, but the WW site is probably right.

Hope all goes smooth!!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Awe man, that is painful. Thanks for the update, twouptons, but it's not quite what I wanted to hear ;) Maybe I will just have to hike up to Georgia and hijack my car off the boat! I put my students (4th graders) in charge of tracking the trip for me. Figured I would share the drama.

Hey MCT, welcome aboard. What are your specs?

·
MCS Delivered
147 Posts
2phun said:
Awe man, that is painful. Thanks for the update, twouptons, but it's not quite what I wanted to hear ;) Maybe I will just have to hike up to Georgia and hijack my car off the boat! I put my students (4th graders) in charge of tracking the trip for me. Figured I would share the drama.

Hey MCT, welcome aboard. What are your specs?

Thanks!

Specs:

MINI Cooper
Chili Red/White
16inch R83 5-star Wheels (Silver)
Premium Package
Sports Package
Gray Leatherette
White Bonnet Stripes
Anthracite
Chrome Line Interior
Harman Kardon CD
Auxiliary Audio Input

·
MotorCityMadman
3,793 Posts
ARGH!!! I've been bumped off of the Liberty!!! :bad:

No clue as to where the lil' one went. Disappeared! Hahaha...

Not the Patriot or Jingu Maru either. Maybe K-Line??? Although WW had booked my car in. Oh well. Maybe the next ship... :confused: :)

·
MCS Delivered
147 Posts
Cooper76 said:
ARGH!!! I've been bumped off of the Liberty!!! :bad:

No clue as to where the lil' one went. Disappeared! Hahaha...

Not the Patriot or Jingu Maru either. Maybe K-Line??? Although WW had booked my car in. Oh well. Maybe the next ship... :confused: :)
Did it ever show you as LOADED ON VESSEL?

·
Motoring At Last!
49 Posts
Hey - all you other folk riding the briny right now - what does the Owner's Lounge say about your car? Mine still says "Awaiting Transport"!

:confused:

1 - 20 of 54 Posts