MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Got Deep(ish) Dish!
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for somebody who has a cooper that has the panther black leather and profile (preferably black) upholstery combination on their seats.

If anyone has this combination and would be interested in swapping for the more sporty cooperS seats, please get in touch with me.

I am keen to get a pair of JCW reclining buckets - but I want all seats to have the same upholstery to achieve the "factory look". From what research I have done JCW offer their seats in all trim combinations except panther black leather and black satellite cloth - which is of course the combination in my cooperS. To that end if I can get my hands on a rear seat setup that has the panther black leather and black profile trim combination then I can order the JCW seats to match.

So if anyone has a cooper with the standard front and rear seats (all trimmed in panther black leather and black profile) and would fancy having the cooperS sport front seats and matching rear seats (covered in panther black leather and satellite cloth) please give me a yell.

I am willing to consider a part payment as well although not a massive amount.

Can anyone help? :sone:

·
MCSJCW
1,667 Posts
I don't think the JCW seats are approved yet for Australia (I spoke to Gavin - head of Mini Australia at Driver training a few months ago), so just be careful. They are very expensive and create huge blind spots.

I drove the red MCSJCW which is the Mini Australia test car at my local dealer late last year. Being little, I found them quite comfy, but my partner who is quite tall and about 100kg found them crappppy to sit in let alone drive around in.

Hope this helps, as I am keen to see ho much they cost.

Cheers

Karen

·
Got Deep(ish) Dish!
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Karen,

I have got some prices for the seats from BMW in Canberra already and yes they are not cheap ($4,700 for the pair for all leather) :eek: - but then the BMW dealer here quoted some $350 dollars for the Mini laptop carry bag which is advertised as being $160 recommended retail from a Mini Australia brochure I had given to me a couple of months back :( . I will try and get in touch with JCW direct and see what can be sorted out price wise.

Will keep everyone posted on progress - I have a pair of 996 GT3 leather buckets that may make their way in instead. :D

So is there anyone out there who has the panther black leather with black profile leather trim combination on the seats? :sone:

·
my second passion, a tin!
729 Posts
I received an email recently from Alan Irwin of BMW Sydney with pricing for JCW seats and they were definately cheaper than $4800 a pair. Problem is cannot find email now:mad:

Either call Alan at BMW Sydney or drop him an email at [email protected] and see what he says

Stu

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
StuJones
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing