MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
MINI2 Master BLASTER!!!!!
Joined
·
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I absolutely love these wheels, I reckon they look like the Sspokes but look beefier!

NICE......so anyone know who makes the lovely wheels?
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
Ibb said:
I absolutely love these wheels, I reckon they look like the Sspokes but look beefier!

NICE......so anyone know who makes the lovely wheels?
Hi Ibb!

Look at www.rh-alurad.de , they are made by rh , the design is called MAXLITE.

Bye, Mini-Fan
 

·
MINI2 Master BLASTER!!!!!
Joined
·
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers Mini-Fan
Yeah thats why I like em Minty hehehe

Nice and chunky to go with the mini's nice chunky cheecky looks!

:):D
 

·
Canned
Joined
·
13,888 Posts
OnlyS4me said:
... the minilite style wheel from MST-Wiesmann I saw at the Essen Motor Show:

Clicking on the thumbnail to get the big picture, I noticed that there's very little tire on these 18" wheels and the wheels look very susceptible to curb damage.

Call me old-school, but the wheels should not overwhelm the looks of a car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
MINIAC said:


Clicking on the thumbnail to get the big picture, I noticed that there's very little tire on these 18" wheels and the wheels look very susceptible to curb damage.

Call me old-school, but the wheels should not overwhelm the looks of a car.
Hi Miniac!

You have been wrong with the size, these wheels are 8.5x17"

Mini-Fan
 

·
Canned
Joined
·
13,888 Posts
Mini-Fan said:

Hi Miniac!

You have been wrong with the size, these wheels are 8.5x17"
Regardless of the size, there appears to be very little tire on those wheels ... do you know what size they are?

Also, I couldn't find any information regarding MAXLITE style wheels on the RH Alurad website you referenced. The post by OnlyS4me indicated the wheels were made by MST-Wiesmann. :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
MINIAC said:

Regardless of the size, there appears to be very little tire on those wheels ... do you know what size they are?

Also, I couldn't find any information regarding MAXLITE style wheels on the RH Alurad website you referenced. The post by OnlyS4me indicated the wheels were made by MST-Wiesmann. :confused:
Sorry Miniac,

the design is called MAXILITE, you can find it on www.rh-alurad.de, go to "archive", then "1 part" and scroll down. Don't know what size the tires are, I think they are 225/40/17

Mini-Fan
 

·
MINI2 Master BLASTER!!!!!
Joined
·
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mini-Fan is right they are 8.5x17, I'm sure you can buy thicker tures anyways.

If you go to the Archive section on the RH site, and then click on single....hey presto a load of one piece alloys come up.

Cheers
 

·
Canned
Joined
·
13,888 Posts
Mini-Fan said:


Sorry Miniac,

the design is called MAXILITE, you can find it on www.rh-alurad.de go to "archive", then "1 part" and scroll down. Don't know what size the tires are, I think they are 225/40/17

Mini-Fan
Found them ... thanks for steering me in the right direction ;)

I'd say you're right about the 225/40 tire size ... but are they enough tire for 8.5" (215.9mm) wide wheels? Wonder if 235/40 tires would fit?
 

·
MINI2 Master BLASTER!!!!!
Joined
·
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mini-Fan said:


these wheels are 8.5x17"

Mini-Fan
Are these wheels too wide for the mini?
I really like them, but I'm unsure how handling will be affected....any ideas Mini-Fan?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
Ibb said:


Are these wheels too wide for the mini?
I really like them, but I'm unsure how handling will be affected....any ideas Mini-Fan?
I have no idea how handling will be affected, but next week I will get my 8x17" with 205/40/17 , I hope I can tell you more next week.

Cheers, Mini-Fan
 

·
Canned
Joined
·
13,888 Posts
Ibb said:

Are these wheels too wide for the mini?
IMHO the 8.5" width is too much. The tires fitted on the car pictured don't look wide enough for the wheel. Since 8.5" is 215.9mm, I'm guessing the tires are 225/40s, and I'm not sure that 235/40s or 235/35s will fit without rubbing.

Another thing to consider for street use is whether a run flat tire will be available in the size you need. Right now I think the size selection is pretty limited. Of course this won't be a consideration if you going to buy regular tires and carry some sort of mobility system.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
I think that one of the features that makes this wheel more unique in its looks than the MINI S-spokes version is the fact they have SEVEN branches instead of eight, which is a more "interesting" number...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
i've got em on mine & they look super phatt, 8.5 x 17" all round with 225 35 17 front & 245 35 17 at the rear & its lowered photo's to follow :D :D :D :D :D

"BIGALLOYS"

p.s I got em through merseyspeed liverpool 0151 525 9954 who were very helpfull & imported them in for me
 

·
MINI2 Master BLASTER!!!!!
Joined
·
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
bigalloys said:
p.s I got em through merseyspeed liverpool 0151 525 9954 who were very helpfull & imported them in for me
How much did it all cost thats the main question! :D
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top