MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the owner of an old sytle 2006 Cooper S Works I was wondering what other owners plans were over the coming months or years.

I love my car and at 2.5 years old has plenty of life left in it

That said am looking at if i should change at some stage in late 2009

By then I guess I will have lost about £13k in depreciation and need probably another
£15k to get a new one with all the extra kit etc

My current mood is that I might as well run it for a few extra years beyond 2009 as the new car
is just not that much faster or special. Dont get me wrong it looks a great car and anyone getting one will be lucky but is it woth the extra.

And having been hit by such depreciation the first time around I am not sure if I want to do it again. I personally think the mini bubble of strong residuals might have burst.

Anyway would be good to hear about others thoughts on this

regards

Antony

·
Giggity-goo!
2,670 Posts
The only advantage I can see over my GP is the fuel consumption/RFL of the new Works.

·
Waiting for Works Clubman
338 Posts
If I already had a GP, I'd be keeping it. For everyone who doesn't own a GP, the Works is probably a better pick.

I wonder if they'll do a '56 GP when the 56 is being phased out?

·
JCW time
18,905 Posts
I probably would have bought one...have been suckered into buying miost things MINI have offered over the years, but in the light of the reviews and my own personal thoughts that this car is more marketing than the ultimate MINI I have decided that it is not the car for me:(

Looking more likely I will move away from MINI next time...sad day.

·
Giggity-goo!
2,670 Posts
If I already had a GP, I'd be keeping it. For everyone who doesn't own a GP, the Works is probably a better pick.

I wonder if they'll do a '56 GP when the 56 is being phased out?
These were my thoughts. The way MINI originally sold out the GP, they'd be crazy not to do an R56 GP.

May have to wait a while though!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts