MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody want to venture a guess on which periodical will win the race to "critique the MINI "S""?

Tom

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
Tom D said:
Does anybody want to venture a guess on which periodical will win the race to "critique the MINI "S""?
Okay, it's not technically a periodical, but you know of course that the very first review available anywhere will be here on MINI2, don't you? :)

Paul Mullett will be attending the press preview of the Cooper S this coming week and will publish his Cooper S review and pictures once the press embargo ends and allows him to do so. (The good thing for North American MINI2 members is that these embargos typically expire at midnight UK time, making great early evening reading for us. :)

·
Registered
266 Posts
Something makes me think I might be working late Monday night.
Have a great time Paul - I'm getting overexcited just thinking about your article, you must be bouncing off the walls at the thought of driving an S in a few days.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Top Gear magazine has review of Cooper S listed for next months edition {May). This should be out end of this month. The reviewer is Jason Barlow.

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
MINIVAN said:
Top Gear magazine has review of Cooper S listed for next months edition {May). This should be out end of this month. The reviewer is Jason Barlow.
Thats interesting timing............:(

·
Registered
43 Posts
MINIVAN said:
Current issue of Autocar (page23) says "Autocar drives Cooper S in next week's issue" - 20th March. Although if you live in London, you may be able to pick up a copy on the 19th.

KLW

·
Registered
172 Posts
Auto Express are publishing their "First Drive" Road Test of the Cooper S in their next issue due out March 20th.
They are also fuelling the story this week where they are giving details of the new Renault Clio 172 Cup (sorry for the french swear words :D ) and saying "Don't order that MINI Cooper S yet !!.......now let me see !!.....Cooper S or Renault Clio 172 Cup......hmm tough choice NOT. There are too many Clios on the road already and the Cooper S looks the business.

·
Loves Leecey
4,758 Posts
Chip said:
They are also fuelling the story this week where they are giving details of the new Renault Clio 172 Cup (sorry for the french swear words :D ) and saying "Don't order that MINI Cooper S yet !!
Do they mean this 'thing' :confused:

Yuk!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Apparently the 0-60 time of the Clio 172 cup has been reduced to 6.9 seconds by removing Xenon headlights, Aircon, and ABS!!!! and therefore saving 80kg on the original car. They've also cut the cost of the car by £2000, but it still looks ugly.

·
Test thread infiltrator
8,421 Posts
They could have done something with the wing mirrors!!

I think it's trying to go back to the old clio Williams, but that just ain't possible coz of the minging front end of the new clio. It also looks like someone's ripped off the side skirts

Dom

·
Registered
448 Posts
The front and back of that Clio looks like two different cars! At the front, it's all 90's angles and sharp edges, whereas it's smoothed fibreglass bodykit at the back.

MINI vs Clio? If there's just a few tenths of a second in it, I'd take the stylish car over the quick one. Unless one of them looked like that Clio, in which case the stylish car wins every time :D

No ABS in the Clio? Lunacy ...

·
Registered
1 Posts
amused

As a proud owner of a clio cup, getting reactions is what i love, nothing better than a cooper s, sitting on your rear bumper, until u drop a gear and they get a real shock, and are no longer seen in your rear view, as for the looks, it has a mean front end and track car on the road, mini's should be owned by librarians skaters and art students......... shame on you!!

·
Oh God, what have I done?
297 Posts
Ah yes, I see your problem. If you drop a gear in your Clio and you can no longer see the Mini in your rear view, I can refer you to a mechanic who can fix the cause of your smoking engine. Rest assured though, if your engine that smokes so bad that you can't see the car in your mirror finally does expire and leave you stranded on the side of the road, the Mini driver would stop, turn around, drive back to you and help you out. We're nice people, you see. :)

·
50 PMs no sig group
22,285 Posts
minismoker said:
As a proud owner of a clio cup, getting reactions is what i love, nothing better than a cooper s, sitting on your rear bumper, until u drop a gear and they get a real shock, and are no longer seen in your rear view, as for the looks, it has a mean front end and track car on the road, mini's should be owned by librarians skaters and art students......... shame on you!!
I think you're in the wrong forum.

·
You are number 6
5,267 Posts
minismoker said:
Welcome to MINI2, we love all cars here.:D
Trolls we can take or leave :tongue:

·
Registered
336 Posts
minismoker said:

I think this guy is smoking more than minis...:)

·
Registered
101 Posts
minismoker said:
What was that,drop a gear, what literally. Here is a man / woman (only he knows) that has a real issue with his car and has to come on here to try and make himself feel better about owning a fall to bits piece of great french engineering.

Come on mate log back on and chear me up, I could do with a good laugh. :D

If you get real bored, log onto the Civic Type R forum. They love clio drivers on there !!!:aargh:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts