MINI Cooper Forum banner

Who would like the Kosie K-1 TS in WHITE

1K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  apexer 
#1 ·
I think the Kosie K-1 TS (Twin Spoke) is a great wheel. 17X7 only 14.3 lbs.and strong. Only problem is its not available in white. I spoke with Alex @ Tire Rack to see if I could special order a set in white. Alex told me that he would have to order 200 wheels (50 sets) to get Kosie to make a run in white. They would also have to be pre-sold and, it would take about 90 days to receive the shipment.
If you would like a very good wheel in white that is VERY exclusive (remember only 50 sets world wide) how about posting something here. If we get enough interest here, then those parties will have to contact Alex @ Tire Rack to palce orders.
Would like to hear (see) your thoughts.

#3 ·
I can't post picture but, you can see them at www.tirerack.com It is hard to see in the picture but, the TS has two valves for air, each in red aluminum, 180 degrees apart, price $199.00 US $$. I was a bit off on weight, actual is 14.1 lbs for the 17X7, offset 42mm.
I think it is the hot set-up for a light wheel for under $200.00.

#5 ·
Thanks MINIAC for posting the picture. Won't that look great in white on a red, blue or even black Mini!!
Its not going to happen unless we can get 50 Mini owners to "step up to the bar".

#6 ·
Looks like its not going to happen :(

#7 ·
That's a pretty cool looking wheel and I love the red anodized valve stems. I've been looking for some light aftermarket rims in white and the election leaves alot to be desired.

Does anyone what kind of costs are involved in getting a wheel stripped and painted white? If it's not too pricey this might be the way to go for alot of us.

#8 ·
I need to do some research on that. A friend told me he thought could get powder coated for about $60.00 ea. but, with a cost of $199.00 new.... now we're getting up there in cost..

#10 ·
Thanks Meanboy. I have seen the TS in silver on other colors of Minis and they really kick a--. Just think with a Chili Red/White, a white wheel is a must have.

#12 ·
Just got a quote from an excellent (turns out top knotch work) body shop to paint the Kosie K-1 TS in white. Prep wheel as required, paint 1-2 color coats (as needed) and 2 clear coats... $50.00 per wheel. I think thats a GREAT price. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.