MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I want a Cooper S, and I'll be happy to pay a little extra to jump the queue. Anyone want to give up there space, depending on colour and spec of course...

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
chuckie said:
Hi,

I want a Cooper S, and I'll be happy to pay a little extra to jump the queue. Anyone want to give up there space, depending on colour and spec of course...
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
I wondered how long that question would take to rear it's head.......

your in the uk, ok. No sorry, you might be lucky if you want a fully specced EB or DS one though. Let your dealer know, as jumping the cue for pre-specced cars may well happen if current customers don't want them.

:)

·
Registered
573 Posts
I dont think anyone who is high up on the queue is going to sell their place, if they're anything like me, the wait since last August has made me hungrier for the car than ever, to give it up now would be unthinkable!

Andy

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
chuckie said:
Hi,

Have u checked out the delivery if u ordered now?
I have one on order but have not spec'ed it yet so it may be a while before I get mine.
I know that my local dealer have more orders than their allocation of 20 and I am 15th on the list up here.:D

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm in the U.S., so I suppose that shipping to the UK is out of the question, but just out of curiousity, how much is it worth to you?
I've checked e-bay a couple of times, and there doesn't seem to be a futures market shaping up yet. But if the PT Cruiser and M3 experience is any marker, one ought to be able to get $5-10K above MSRP for a well-equipped S this summer from somebody who wasn't paying attention for the past two years.
I'm high on the local list for an S, and I'd certainly give up my spot for the right amount. Note that my next (post Mini Cooper S) car will be a 911 Carrera 4S or its equivalent circa 2006, so if you'd like to get me a long way toward the cost of that puppy, I'll keep my A4 for a couple more years.

·
Registered
53 Posts
No way to part with my space

I signed up for a cooper S last January and got low numbers at two dealers in the states (11 and 17), and shoulda kept them both. I gave a deposit to one dealer (#11) and found out about five months later I was gonna be a poppa, which put the Cooper S in doubt for a while. Would I have given up my space for some extra do-re-mi?

Man, after more than a year, no way. I'm going crazy with anticipation (for the kid too, he's due in 2 weeks:D ). But seriously, probably wouldn't part with the S for even $5k over. Now $10k over, well, that would put me into a used M Coupe and that would be pretty hard to pass up...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Open To Offers

Given that I'm still not 100% convinced by the styling on the 'S', I'd definitely entertain offers for my place on the waiting list.

I'm currently no. 1 on the list at Wood BMW in Odiham, Hampshire.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts